Anyway to view model directly from the side?

Lemon Pancake

Reactions
I want to view my model directly from the side. Trying to do this manually is very difficult, is there a shortcut key to view the model directly from the left or right side?

Not sure what you mean by "it's difficult". Rotation of the camera with the right mouse button and moving is easy, you press the button and move the mouse.

Perhaps you mean instead that you want it in a faster and a consistent position, then there you can try using the Spawn Point plugin, and parent link it if the person changes position or rotates.

Not sure what you mean by "it's difficult". Rotation of the camera with the right mouse button and moving is easy, you press the button and move the mouse.

Perhaps you mean instead that you want it in a faster and a consistent position, then there you can try using the Spawn Point plugin, and parent link it if the person changes position or rotates.

Yes, I can move the camera easy enough. But if I do it myself it would be for example at a 86° angle or something like that. Not a perfect 90° angle form the side of the model.

An example. When I load the creative model in (the standard one that comes with vanilla vam) it spawns the camera directly in front of the model. I would like then to be able to rotate the camera 90° perfectly so I am looking at her profile at a perfect angle if you get my meaning. I'll check out that mod. Thanks!

Sorry, not really managing to explain it well.

Sorry, not really managing to explain it well.
Ok, I think it's clearer now. I never used alexof's response plugin, maybe there's something there to fit your needs.
The Spawn point works as you can define the atom's coordinates, and then if you parent link it to the person it stays always in the same relative pos/rot.
Not sure how often you want this side view, but if it's to try out changes in the default scene you could add this plugin and save it as the default scene.

The other option would be to select the person control, go to the "move" tab, and rotate the model by 90 degrees.

Or add a mirror to the scene and set it up so you have front and side views simultaneously.

Here's a plugin that I discovered just now that seems to do exactly what you want:

Back
Top Bottom