Question Any The Handy owners using VAM?

acxlcx11

Reactions
Hi there. For me the only way VAM can be interesting is with a sex toy like The Handy. So I bought VAM to check this out. I also bought vamX, which I hope is a good start since it comes with The Handy support. But now I'm very confused and I was hoping someone more experienced could have the answers to my questions.

1) Who are the scene creators, free or paid, focusing on The Handy and similar toys? I found only:
- CuddleMocap - very simple loops with only stroking speed settings, nothing else
- abc tits - Hip Venus
- ascorad - couple of free scenes, but for my taste too unrealistic

is there something I'm overlooking? Or is The Handy support still this rare?

2) In vamX, are there any scripted scenes? By installing vamX, I see very few story modes in the vamX menu and couple of C&G scenes in scene browser. So do I get it right that vamX is mainly intended to build own scenes? But isn't there any vamX-compatible hub where people would share vamX scenes?

3) with vamX, one scene which was included was Moments in Time, which is great to test and setup The Handy because it's very straightforward and slow, but I noticed that it's very difficult to make it in sync with The Handy. For example if the girl sits tight, taking the whole dick, the Handy would still only wiggle somewhere in the middle. Or if I embodied the male, I tried to use the hands to slow down or stop the girl from riding but it wasn't possible, The Handy still kept moving a little even when she was still. So here I'd like to ask your experience, if it's really so hard to get it right or maybe there are better scenes to look at...

thanks

I own a Handy but don't think it would be practical to use with VaM. When I use The Handy it takes both of my hands to get it set up and then at least one hand to keep it balanced. In VR I need two hands for the controllers so not having a third hand makes it difficult. But if you figure out a method let us know!

Upvote 0
Hi there. For me the only way VAM can be interesting is with a sex toy like The Handy. So I bought VAM to check this out. I also bought vamX, which I hope is a good start since it comes with The Handy support. But now I'm very confused and I was hoping someone more experienced could have the answers to my questions.

1) Who are the scene creators, free or paid, focusing on The Handy and similar toys? I found only:
- CuddleMocap - very simple loops with only stroking speed settings, nothing else
- abc tits - Hip Venus
- ascorad - couple of free scenes, but for my taste too unrealistic
Hi there :) I'm not familiar with a lot of creators that make scenes natively supporting the Handy, however it's relatively easy to add to any scene you want. You need to be at the creator Patreon support level though so you can make the necessary changes (and save them). Feel free to reach out and I'd be glad to show you how to set it up. Takes about 5 minutes with some minor tweaking here and there until you get it working exactly how you want.

Or if I embodied the male, I tried to use the hands to slow down or stop the girl from riding but it wasn't possible, The Handy still kept moving a little even when she was still.
This happens if the scene has been setup to oscillate instead of follow a specific animation pattern, or capture the location of a specific controller, i.e. HipControl.

Upvote 0
I own a Handy but don't think it would be practical to use with VaM. When I use The Handy it takes both of my hands to get it set up and then at least one hand to keep it balanced. In VR I need two hands for the controllers so not having a third hand makes it difficult. But if you figure out a method let us know!

That's why I'm looking for scenes that wouldn't need both hands. Also you can set up a hands free solution for the handy. But I'm finding VAM a bit risky to be used with hands-free Handy. The Handy movement within VAM is really unpredictable so it's better to hold the Handy with at least one hand or risk injury.

Anyway I've managed to advance a little with vamX and the included Moments in Time scene. I figured out that the default cowgirl scene is scripted (or animated - whatever it's called) and can't be influenced which sucks because the Handy only moves like 1-2 cm within the range. But then if I change the sex position, the Handy can be somewhat controlled from the Handy menu of vamX and it copies the various thrusting options which is great, although it only works well for couple of seconds before the girl becomes displaced and the penis rubs her chin or a knee so that's a fail, even after position change. And yes I've tried to add the divining rod plugin to the girl but don't think it worked within vamX.

Upvote 0
it's relatively easy to add to any scene you want

Do you mean adding the vamlaunch plugin to an atom? That I tried but it didn't work - adding the plugin ended with an error. I wasn't sure if I could do that, so thanks for pointing out I need the Creator level. I'll probably get it and try again.

Upvote 0
Do you mean adding the vamlaunch plugin to an atom? That I tried but it didn't work - adding the plugin ended with an error. I wasn't sure if I could do that, so thanks for pointing out I need the Creator level. I'll probably get it and try again.
Yeah, there's a little involved in it but basically that's what you need to do. Then you configure whether you want it to use a bounding box to track the controller or if you want it to follow along with an animation pattern.

Upvote 0
Also you can set up a hands free solution for the handy.

I know you can program The Handy to run automatically but my problem is that the way The Handy is constructed you can't just wrap the sleeve around your penis and let it go up and down, you need to use one hand to balance the motor unit on your belly otherwise it will fall off. I think I've read about people who have constructed devices to "mount" The Handy to a board or table so that it can run hands free so I assume that's what you're speaking of?

Upvote 0
The handy is a 5/10 without mount. It's a 10/10 with mount. It's easy to make one with a few things off amazon:

-Stanley 1-83-069 Maxsteel Multi-axle Vise

-HONZUEN Bicycle Water Bottle Holder Adapter, Aluminum Cycling Water Bottle Cage Bottle Fix, Bicycle Bottle Cage Holder Easy to Install on Handlebar Seatpost for MTB Road Bike Bicycle

-SKS Topcage bottle cage

-Some bubblewrap, tape and a metal pipe.

Optional better strap:

Trilancer lastic Straps with Non-slip Straps 12" x 2" (8pcs) Sturdy Multifunctional Hook Straps for Extension Cords, Cables, Ropes, Hoses, Bike, Motorhome, Trouser Belts

Anyways...

When I got VAMlaunch to work I was kinda disapointed with the finicky calibration, jank synchronization and weird speeds. I wanted it to work so bad but I couldn't get it to a point where I was fully immersed.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but VAM doesn't come close to regular content with scripts on Faptap or Eroscript.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but VAM doesn't come close to regular content with scripts on Faptap or Eroscript.
This is true due to the way vamlaunch tries to predict the motion. Unfortunately it doesn't just pass the raw values and I have no idea why, but it leads to a delay that is very noticeable at higher speeds. There are other controller plugins but afaik none of them use direct communication. Funscripts are definitely the better option unfortunately

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom