Question Connecting Handy to Vamsync

Xiaok232020

Reactions
Is anyone here familiar with the vamsync plugin? I actually couldn't get to the plugin as I had trouble connecting to Handy, nothing showed up when the vamsync server is searching for connections. I'm wondering if I need to have an additional bluetooth dongle?

I have attached the vam sync server log.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2021-05-11 08:02:23.0385|INFO|VaMLaunchGUI.MainWindow|Application started.
May 11 08:02:23.051 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::lovense_dongle::lovense_hid_dongle_comm_manager: Lovense Dongle Manager scanning ports!
May 11 08:02:23.052 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::lovense_dongle::lovense_serial_dongle_comm_manager: Lovense Dongle Manager scanning ports!
May 11 08:02:23.052 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::xinput::xinput_device_comm_manager: XInput manager scanning!
May 11 08:02:23.052 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::serialport::serialport_comm_manager: Scanning ports!
May 11 08:02:23.052 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::lovense_dongle::lovense_dongle_state_machine: Lovense dongle not found, storing StartScanning command until found.
May 11 08:02:23.052 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::btleplug: Starting scan.
May 11 08:02:23.052 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::lovense_dongle::lovense_dongle_state_machine: Lovense dongle not found, storing StartScanning command until found.
May 11 08:02:23.061 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::serialport::serialport_comm_manager: Got 1 serial ports back
May 11 08:02:23.061 INFO buttplug::server::comm_managers::serialport::serialport_comm_manager: SerialPortInfo { port_name: "COM1", port_type: Unknown }
May 11 08:02:23.061 INFO buttplug::device::configuration_manager: Looking for protocol that matches specifier: Serial(SerialSpecifier { baud_rate: 0, data_bits: 0, stop_bits: 0, parity: '\u{0}', port: "COM1" })
May 11 08:02:23.061 INFO buttplug::device::configuration_manager: No protocol found for specifier Serial(SerialSpecifier { baud_rate: 0, data_bits: 0, stop_bits: 0, parity: '\u{0}', port: "COM1" }).
May 11 08:02:23.626 INFO buttplug::device::configuration_manager: Looking for protocol that matches specifier: BluetoothLE(BluetoothLESpecifier { names: {"BridgeConfig"}, services: {} })
May 11 08:02:23.626 INFO buttplug::device::configuration_manager: No protocol found for specifier BluetoothLE(BluetoothLESpecifier { names: {"BridgeConfig"}, services: {} }).
May 11 08:02:38.321 INFO buttplug::device::configuration_manager: Looking for protocol that matches specifier: BluetoothLE(BluetoothLESpecifier { names: {"Hue Lamp"}, services: {} })
May 11 08:02:38.321 INFO buttplug::device::configuration_manager: No protocol found for specifier BluetoothLE(BluetoothLESpecifier { names: {"Hue Lamp"}, services: {} }).

Message #plugins

Exact same problem here. Or almost. Vamsync sees the Handy every now and then, for a few seconds at a time. Tried installing a new USB BT500 bluetooth. no luck.

Upvote 0
Figured it out myself.

Do initial setup and installs with default instruction, I used VaMSync 3.0 and used the specific scene: Sex on a Cruise by CuddleMocap.
What worked for me:
start game first. load your scene, make all your customizations.
start vamsync from desktop. you can just type it in the start menu search bar. run it in embedded mode. do not click the handy when it shows up. just make sure it is there.
put handy in bluetooth mode, get your toy all prepped.
only click on handy in Vamsync once you are all ready.
immediately toggle on any toy connection in-game that causes it to move, in the case of the above mentioned scene, the Toy Mode and on/off selection.

What my issue was: the VaMSync automatically disconnects any device that does not move for a few seconds. This means you will disconnect if:
- game lags
- swapping looks so you lag
- nothing to animate, or character pauses long enough
This is why I had to do all customizations ahead of time.
Unique issue:
During my scene, swapping looks caused it to lag enough that my Handy stopped moving. Everything looked fine, the connections were good, the light blue, the game working, vamsync still connected to vam.
Solution:
Exit out of VaMSync, leaving your game scene still moving. Relaunch VaMSync, hit connect and select Handy. It should start moving immediately.

Also: directly connecting to intiface desktop or intiface central will work the first few times, then it will fail to connect, ultimately crashing, leaving you with only the embedded option.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom