Question Animated background characters.

Aminator

Reactions
I want to try adding about 7 or 8 background characters to a scene.
I have a GTX 1660 and I'm not sure what I can get away with.
I have iclone and cc3 pipeline and I'm trying to follow some tutorials to bring them in to VAM with animations and various levels of detail.

Are there any ways to do it without going through other programs?
I've been trying to search the hub but my searches aren't turning up anything.

You can add that animated background people as CUAs. But I can't see a way doing this without other programms.
At least you will need Unity to create the assets. If your figures are rigged/have bones and joints (and you can get this to work in Unity), you can use or create animations within Unity and save them with the asset.
This is somewhat ressource friendly. Without all those other VaM things like physics, hair and stuff, even several of them are not as demanding as a single VaM figure (as long as they don't have extreme polygone counts). I once did a dancing-club scene for myself with this, for instance, using ten animated figures.
You can even try to import rigged Genesis 2 figures from DAZ into Unity, to recreate the VaM look.
Try a Google search for "Import DAZ figure to Unity" which will bring up some results with video tutorials.

Upvote 0
With the paid version of CC3 I can get both Daz and Iclone characters into unity easily as game ready characters with the animations. I'm trying to follow this tutorial but most of the VAM tutorials use a different workflow for importing Daz.

I'm not positive this method works for importing to VAM but it's easy to do. I'm just struggling to figure out how to figure out what I do in Unity once loaded. Unity is a bit unfamiliar and I'm still trying to do it successfully.

Upvote 0
If you are adding the Background figures as custom Unity assets, you don't need to import anything from DAZ to VaM. I unfortunately don't understand that part of your question. I mentioned DAZ only because you can relatively easy use rigged DAZ figures in Unity. DAZ figures are allso what comes next to the overall VaM look, cause VaM is using Genesis 2 from DAZ.

If you can get your CC3 characters into Unity (watch out that you have to use the exactly same oldish Unity Version like VaM), you "just" need to follow the VaM tutorials on how to create CUAs closely.
If you want to rigg and animate a figure in Unity, don't search for VaM tutorials (if you can't find one), but for Unity tutorials. Forget about VaM at that point.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom