Am I the only one who sees this software as a much cooler tool than it's curb appeal?

demywills

Reactions
I've only recently got Vam as a guilty interest after owning a VR headset for a few months, however after watching a few tutorials all I want to do is make sword fights and action scenes. All the other VR games are fun, but they lose appeal pretty quickly after the new toy feels wears off. I can only play so much beat saber. However there is just so much possibility here. I remember when I first saw those first-person movie concepts several years ago. After playing with this a bit I'm waiting for development to gear up enough to make something along the lines of this.
(Hardcore Henry Official Trailer #1 (2016) First-person Action Movie HD).

Although with a title like that, I think we could get carried away. What are your thoughts? I just see this as so much more than adult animation.

I can totally see the penis-grip morph turning into a lightsaber duel.

Intresting idea, but IMHO there are games that are realy good in some special things and made for a certain user group.
For instance: HL Alyx in VaM would most likely be a bad idea because of all the technical limitations, whereas HL Alyx with modding the monsters into sexy nude females would be very lame. There are some games that are trying to do both, sex and game, like some Imagine games, but it is most of the time neighter enough game, nor enough sexy... and/or quickly starts to get boring after a while.
And if you would suggest to do a action game out of VaM: VaM is "only" one of a thousand games made with the Unity engine. There are already some realy good Unity action games around, and many tools and tutorials to do your own small action game In Unity yourself without to carry all the "unnecessary" VaM stuff with you.
Though, IMHO a nice small casual game here and there made as a VaM scene for fun and proof of concept is surely a funny thing.

You should try Blade & Sorcery, up to now it's the best "physics-based fighting game" that I found. But while VaM is crazy cool, it's not optimized for fast movements and interactions with objects like blades; instead it's geared toward precision and customizations.

This being said I also see VaM as an amazing sandbox to play and try ideas :)

Back
Top Bottom