Ability to remove atoms in "Select" menu

lapiro

Reactions
Website
voxta.ai
Patreon
Voxta
Whenever you need to delete an atom, you need to select it then go to the "Control" tab and only then click on the "Remove" button. It is time-consuming if a scene has a lot of Atoms. Why not just do it in the selection menu? It would be great to be able to remove atoms from the list (and thus from the scene) in the "Select" menu by adding a "Remove" button next to the atom name. This will greatly improve Usability for VR and desktop.
Below I have attached a possible scenario.

Attachments

• SNAG-0001.png
    SNAG-0001.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You might want to have a look at @Acid Bubbles Keybindings plugin. I think its not yet officially released, but there you can define a hotkey to remove the selected atom. (Can also do lots of other glorious stuff, including duplicating/cloning atoms)

@lapiroman yes but since all buttons are already mapped, I'm not sure how useful it'll be. I'll try and make fuzzy find available in VR though, I know I'd like that!
I've noticed that both controllers Left and Right mapped the same. Except for thumb-sticks. So, technically, we have a whole controller that can be mapped with completely new actions.

The controllers are already mapped to actions, via the newer SteamVR controller binding system. That is, controls are mapped to things like "Select" and "Remote Grab". Multiple actions can be mapped to the same control, and multiple controls can be mapped to the same action. The older SteamVR style was to map buttons to buttons (like grip button to "button_a"). Many games still use the old style, but VaM is up to date.

You can already make the left and right controllers do different actions, but there aren't that many actions right now. This means that it makes more sense to expose more actions to SteamVR, rather than mapping certain actions to "the Select button", for instance. However, if that's the only option currently, then that could work too.

Back
Top Bottom