(255 Green;0;0) Male passthrough preset for Mixed Reality

Looks (255 Green;0;0) Male passthrough preset for Mixed Reality

Any ideas how to stop light/shadows from making different shades of green, without affecting scene quality lightining?

Sorry, but I never used this plugin, and I really don't know the issue you are facing. Can you describe it more briefly, or capture a video?
Hmm, well essentially using virtual desktop with wireless pcvr, you can set a chromakey to 255 green, like a greenscreen, that way you can use passthrough on anything in that specific shade of green.
The "trick" of this plugin is that it makes the male character completely green so that you can possess the character and have dickphysics without seeing the actual character, so you can pass through your own body footage.
The problem is that lighting in scenes throw shades on the character's otherwise green body, making chroma keying passthrough not work on those parts because they aren't 255 green, if that makes sense.
Ideally I think the male character's skin would be completely matte, not reflect any light whatsoever, nor cast any shadows

Okay, apparently I am very stupid, so all you have to do is use lighting front back and top in the scene (aimed at the green man) to reduce the shadows, then in Virtual Desktop is bump up the "Similarity" to something like 40%, and "Smoothness" to 0, also make sure not to use any greens in your scenes, and voila, fully invisible posessable male, works great with vamx.
Even better is set your vr hands to be invisible but use collision, and enable hand tracking with the quest 3, use an object like a pillowcase where the girl is, and it's like you're grabbing the actual person with your own hands, which is a really strange sensation.

The one thing that is annoying though and I'm trying to solve, is in vamx the male will stick out his tongue automatically when you possess him, and disabling it in the menu thing doesn't seem to work for me.. Also the girls move too easily when you touch them, like they weigh nothing, I don't know how to add more mass to it or more resistance or something.. If anyone happens to know I'd appreciate it

I also wish VD would add full finger tracking soon like the ALXR/ALVR nightly build does

Edit: for better results and better fps, instead of placing several angles of lights, just go into overal scene settings, scene lighting, and up the global illumination a tiny bit, and the green man should disappear completely

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom