Won't fix (1.21.0.4) Web browser autoplay yt video

RandomVAMUser

Reactions
You can't really use embedded youtube video as background anymore (without autoplay).
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/PLACEVIDEOIDHERE?autoplay=1

Autoplay stopped working and you need to manually hit play (autoplay works fine on v1.20.77.13).
This is quite counter intuitive if interactions are disabled or web atom is hidden.

Are there any alternatives to autoplay=1 ?

Having this problem too, which is a shame, because I have a number of scenes built for MetaChat that feature a youtube "jukebox" of sorts. They still work for anyone on 1.19, but for me, I have to click on the player now. Kind of annoying.

not a bug, it's a feature
I don't use chrome, but it appears that policy change was from 2018 or so? 🤔
Well damn, how old was previous 2.0.0 browser? I can see it used Chromium 64.0.3282.119 (from 2017), guess that explains it. :LOL:

Anyway... Thanks for info.

Using mute=1 works, to autoplay animated videos as background.
Sadly rip background music players, time to add audio files.

Well balls. I mean having it autoplay muted kinda still requires people to go up and unmute it, which is still a problem. But I guess the policy is only for certain chromium browser versions :(

The other problem is if people start resorting to putting copywrite music in scenes.

i don't think there's an easy workaround

for cool music i recommend soundcloud, lots of songs that can be downloaded & used even commercially

Alright, thanks, I'll have to built a MetaChat compatible juke-box then ;p
But then I imagine it would be on the weighty side since it's gonna have a bunch of songs on there. I'll probably have to upload this once as an individual Hub asset, then reference it in all my maps to keep file duplication to a minimum.

yeah, the best way to do music in vam with existing free plugins imo is to make a pack and group them in an .assetbundle file and play them with MacGruber's RandomAB from logicbricks

I am not yet familiar with how to create .assetbundles. I saw this guide but I don't know if it is the best one to follow.

Last edited:
i used this, the speedrun part is enough to figure it out imo, i only watched that.
what i did was to install unity and that assetbundle packager plugin. Then it's just a drag&drop. You drag the audio files, hit build and it makes the assetbundle

Back
Top Bottom