Developer
Reactions
Website
trello.com
Twitter
MeshedVR
Patreon
meshedvr
It seems like some kind of redistributable package is missing preventing the browser from working. I noticed this issue on my newest computer.

I went through this with a vamX user, who eventually found a fix on his computer:

(below is the message from pertily)

pertily
Oct 23, 2020

I was able to figure out what was causing the problem, I had to download this specific version: Visual C ++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

I already had the new version installed (2015-2019), I don't know why this version is needed, but it fixed the problem and now it works without a problem.

Thanks! I figured it was something like that. I should be able to trap the error that VaM produces when it is missing and direct them to the download. I may also be able to check and prompt for install.

It's also possible for the updater / downloader to install a vc redistributable package if needed. Any of these solutions would be very welcome.

It's also possible for the updater / downloader to install a vc redistributable package if needed. Any of these solutions would be very welcome.

Yeah I'll be working on the updater as I'm adding a couple of fixes as well as a backup CDN to make it more reliable when updating so I'll look at this while I'm in there.

Back
Top Bottom