Light Texture PluginLike this? Consider gifting the community a creation in my name or even a private gift to me.
* I choose not to have a Patreon (love all you who do)
This will let you access Unity's ability to add image textures to lights. Unity calls these textures "cookies".
Spotlight - supported
Directional - supported
Point - supported
Load this plugin on any atom that has a supported light in it somewhere. The first one it finds will be the one that gets changed.
Load a texture onto the light.
Making Cookie Textures (Spot and Directional)
- Create a square image in paint program
- Paint all over the square in grayscale. Black will be dark, white will be light.
- Spotlights: Keep the edges of the square black. Spotlights use the circle that would fit inside the square so try and keep things in the center for spotlights or else they will look.. square
- Directional: Use the whole square but keep these fully tileable since that is what will happen
- Export the image as a PNG with alpha.
- Load this image in the plugin and rinse and repeat
Making Cookie Textures (Point)
- See above instructions for the basic idea.
- This is different because you can also create a cubemap / skymap instead of just square images.
- The cubemap has to be aspect ratio 4:3, 3:4, 1:6, 6:1
This Is A Picture