XRAY shoot

Scenes XRAY shoot

TRSD

Reactions
TRSD submitted a new resource:

XRAY shoot - XRAY effect showcase

It's about to get spooky.

I've decided to release this rather than have yet another scene incomplete and never shared. I've played around with a lot of ideas to showcase my hacked together xray effect, but never found any one execution I was happy with. This has the DNA of 5 different ideas, and now it has a controllable hover camera with feed just because I thought it was a really cool plugin.

Consider it more a toy than a complete experience.

Notes: This was a dirty way to do xray, and...

Read more about this resource...

This was a really cool demo of your plugin, I plan to play around with it a lot more later.
The little bit that I did get to do was fun! After playing around with your character, I dropped in one of my own presets and started to tweak the settings to fit her and it still worked awesome.

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to package the skeleton CUA as a standalone?

I like this idea.
Also a human version would be awesome.
I had a hard time with the skull.
I do appreciate you doing that for me (y)

This was a really cool demo of your plugin, I plan to play around with it a lot more later.
The little bit that I did get to do was fun! After playing around with your character, I dropped in one of my own presets and started to tweak the settings to fit her and it still worked awesome.

Out of curiosity, would you be willing to package the skeleton CUA as a standalone?

I like this idea.
Also a human version would be awesome.
I had a hard time with the skull.
I do appreciate you doing that for me (y)

Ok I've thought about it and realized why this isn't a bad idea. I just need to add the CUA asset as a dependency here afterwards. Sorry new to this.
I wonder if the IKCUA will break though as it has a habit of doing. I've parented those effectors countless times.

TRSD updated XRAY shoot v2 with a new update entry:

Version 2

• Thanks to VL_13 skeleton clothing. We now have finger and toe bones!
  • Added optional viscera (incomplete, and feedback will have to decide if there's going to be more)
    • Stomach, guts, reproductive, bladder. All untextured and pleasantly cartoony.
  • Added optional muscle systems from VL_13.
  • Removed camera control inputs. They were not satisfactory. Refined the timeline controls instead.
  • XRAY...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Broken? AnimationPoser

So I just noticed the version I've been using of AnimationPoser isn't automatically downloaded in the dependencies. I think it's been moved? It can still be downloaded manually though from the hub in an outside browser.

This controls a lot of the "life" functions of the character. So without it, well it makes me sad to think of what the experience would be. Will be looking into fixing this ASAP but the newer version of AnimationPoser doesn't support loading old animations.

Please let me...

Lots of things were learned this week. So I'm moving up a full version number.
  • Carried over all transitions from AnimationPoser to Timeline instead. The randomization isn't as nice, but till there's a stable release of AP this'll have to do.
  • Redone guts as a clothing item. No longer rigid!
    • Excuse the slightly taffy look. I'll come back to refine it as I learn more Blender tricks. The majority of time was figuring out clothing creation and rewrap. It needs...

TRSD updated XRAY shoot with a new update entry:

Guts v3

The big change:
  • Guts redone. Shouldn't clip anymore when character is in a scrunched up pose. Taffy look is out, monkeybread look is in. Much happier with this one. Reads better.
Minor changes:
  • Changed colors of clothing. They got reset to default at some point.
  • Rib position retouched to prevent clipping.
  • Added some city ambience coming in from the window.
  • Added the blink morph manually...

Haha, I can't vouch for accuracy. But I did pour over a lot of different references.

Got a big update in the works. New possibilities have opened up once again. The dependencies will increase, but it will be well worth it. Aiming to remove all clipping. Spine and neck no longer bound by a finicky IK setup. Redone some models. Added animation to some.

Made a habit of writing down what I'm changing. Current progress:
  • Model changes:
    • Rewrapped all items.
    • Split esophagus into two clothing items. Not as clean as the CUA, but it has the benefit of properly following movement of the model.
    • Split intestines and colon into seperate items.
    • Redone stomach from scratch again. Better interior. Added some idle movements.
    • Lungs.
    • Breast fat.
    • Breast mammary glands underneath the fat.
    • Added subtle third party bumpmaps to a lot of items.
    • Reproductive now moves in reaction to penetration.
  • Added path "Free" for the camera so you can move it around at will.
    • removed hover sound.
  • Increased functionality of the tablet. It's now the main place for interacting with the scene. 2x size and 4x the options.
    • Toggleable clone of the big screen video feed.
    • Toggleable person options.
  • Sorted atom names.
  • Body sim improvements with character "interaction" in mind:
    • CheesyFX's BodyLanguage for dynamic stimulation, depth triggers, subtle facial morphs, watch triggers.
    • CheesyFX's ShakeIt, works really well with the muscle layer.
    • EverLaster's Naturalis. A must.
    • LFE's ExtraAutoGenitals. A must.
    • AWWalker's GenitalMultiPass. A must.
  • "Vega" look updates:
    • Minor edits to the skin texture.
    • Hair assets for: chest fluff, belly, nipple, gens. Find this really helps sell the otherwise flat fur.
    • Colliders to prevent bangs from disappearing into forehead.
    • New outfit
      • Each part easily toggleable (and with multiple states) and affected by the XRAY slider.
  • Switch to HAL9001's GoingGoingGone for transparency effects. Being able to set skin render queues is basically what inspired me to return to the scene.
  • Added a toy somewhere.
  • XRAY window, by altering the render queue you can adjust how many layers deep you want to see when looking through the window screen.

Attachments

• GIF 13-01-2024 20-25-22.gif
    GIF 13-01-2024 20-25-22.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

V.4 - The biggest update yet

What's new?

• All organs have been gone over again.​
    • Bumpmaps added. (Thanks to 3dtexturesdotme.)​
    • Rewrapped guts. Changed esophagus to clothing.​
  • Spine has been made into a clothing item. By far the best it's ever been. No more weird pop-outs or IKCUA breaking.​
  • Animated lungs, stomach, heart.​
  • Liver added (1st and always worst iteration)​
  • Breast...​

Fixes

For the following stuff I had noted in 4.02:
  • Underwear clipping through the skirt. This keeps happening after numerous corrections.
    • Just gotta remember applying the preset before saving I guess.
  • Forces on/off toggle switches reciever state instead.
  • Reciever state doesn't correctly switch all the different forces in some cases.
  • Screen fade too short.
    • Redone the SequenceMachine handling the fadeouts. Now they do actually fade instead of instantly...

I don't think I can reply to your response on my review, but I just wanted to let you know I was able to adapt this onto a human appearance without much trouble. Thanks to your skull model from Skeleton, this only took about 30 minutes after I had left my review to get everything, including viscera and muscles, onto a human and adjust the skeleton so that there is no clipping in every pose.

It was actually surprisingly easy, given that I had never worked with CUAs or CUA manager before. I don't think you even need to bother making an official human version of this scene. Keep up the great work mate! I would love to see more anatomical parts until we eventually have a full medical grade model of a person in VAM 😅

I don't think I can reply to your response on my review, but I just wanted to let you know I was able to adapt this onto a human appearance without much trouble. Thanks to your skull model from Skeleton, this only took about 30 minutes after I had left my review to get everything, including viscera and muscles, onto a human and adjust the skeleton so that there is no clipping in every pose.

It was actually surprisingly easy, given that I had never worked with CUAs or CUA manager before. I don't think you even need to bother making an official human version of this scene. Keep up the great work mate! I would love to see more anatomical parts until we eventually have a full medical grade model of a person in VAM 😅
Nice, I was making prep work for adapting it, possibly an on-the-fly change for the scene. But I ran into issues with expressions being goofy as hell on the human look, and no easy way to seperate all the animations from each other. So glad you got it to work.

Back
Top Bottom