Why the Wildlife models looks a lot more sexy than the VAM models?

Voithe

Reactions
Hi guys... I recently went back to playing Wildlife and the question I wrote in the title arose.

How is it possible that models with far fewer polygons than those available in VAM look so much sexier? Is it possible that such a result cannot be achieved in VAM?

Even the environmental occlusion of the unreal engine is a lot of stuff... can something be done about it?

might be a matter of taste. me I find this way sexier than this

if you mean immersive, maybe it's the animation/gameplay thing that makes it better for you, vam is pretty static and you kinda have to use your imagination quite a lot

Like SPQR said, it is always a matter of taste.

-The VaM/DAZ3d figures have not THAT much polygons, there is a lot of smoothing going on.
But, yes, if you compare them to some low poly game figures, they have a lot more details.

-A big difference is the rendering process. VaM uses real-time rendering like in games, with some very big limitations from the somewhat old Unity version it uses. Things like correct surface occlusion, or sub-surface scattering for instance, are not working correctly.
This will be addressed in the future new VaM version.
You are right, current VaM figures don't look "next-gen", because they aren't.

-Don't compare real-time rendering with high-quality rendering (that takes many hours to render one single picture/frame).

-An other big effect have textures: You can do so many amazing things with elaborated textures.
The VaM/DAZ textures are somewhat high resolution, compared to others, but still not made for 4k VR headsets.
On the other hand, the "typical DAZ" look is a result of textures originally being made for high-quality rendering.
There are, for instance, (almost) no shadows baked into this textures, because the shadows would be added by the DAZ lighting and rendering process. Therefore they often looks flat, lifeless and artificial if being only realtime-rendered. They are also done in a somewhat "neutral" way, to allow a maximum of customization by morphs.
This is completely different to normal game-characters or other game textures.
Or maybe take a look at some custom VaM face textures made with tools like FaceGen. They have a lot of shadows baked in and many details from facial expressions. They are looking a lot more life-like, but have many issues with light direction, shadows and with different facial expressions, making them much less flexible.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I understand evertyng you have said and i agree with you. Indeed, i'm sorry that the title of my topic is not very clear about what i really wanted to ask.

I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has any advice for getting the most similar result possible.

:)

Thanks for the replies guys!

I understand evertyng you have said and i agree with you. Indeed, i'm sorry that the title of my topic is not very clear about what i really wanted to ask.

I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has any advice for getting the most similar result possible.

:)
-Sounds lame, but maybe think about what exactly makes other figures more sexy 'for you' than VaM figures: Is it the shape, or the texture, or the rendering... ?
-Change the lighting/light sources in scenes, this will add some more reality and sometimes works miracles.
-Use good pose packs to start with, and use good facial expressions. This works miracles for realism, too.
-Use custom- or your own textures. Maybe use makeup/body decals, aso.
-Use the many available morph packs to get the most out of the figure's shape.
-Use maybe MacGrubers PostMagic.
-Or wait for VaM 2.x. You can't do anything about the technological flaws of the old render engine.

-Sounds lame, but maybe think about what exactly makes other figures more sexy 'for you' than VaM figures: Is it the shape, or the texture, or the rendering... ?

All three of them... :ROFLMAO:

TToby said:
-Change the lighting/light sources in scenes, this will add some more reality and sometimes works miracles.

I'm trying this... I'm not that good but something might came out good enough for me...

TToby said:
-Use good pose packs to start with, and use good facial expressions. This works miracles for realism, too.

This is my main problem, I'm talking about facial expressions. I'm pretty incapable of getting anything decent of mine already and everything is complicated by the myriad of morphs I have that I don't know how to combine.

In this regard, advice on some decent resource would be welcome.

TToby said:
-Use custom- or your own textures. Maybe use makeup/body decals, aso.

I'm fine with the textures i can find on the hub...

TToby said:
-Use the many available morph packs to get the most out of the figure's shape.

I'm totally not capable of making the women of my dream out of morphs... that's maybe because i really don't have a "women of my dream". For this, my only hope is the HUB.

TToby said:
-Use maybe MacGrubers PostMagic.

I need to give this a try... i was already thinking about it....

TToby said:
-Or wait for VaM 2.x. You can't do anything about the technological flaws of the old render engine.

I hope we are still there when this will happen. 🤞

Back
Top Bottom