Why so many dependencies?

PhantasyStarfan

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
So I just uploaded a file I thought would be fairly simple, cell made in blender, no textures. And a model used morph merger on.
But when I uploaded it, it came up with 30+ dependencies. Including stuff I made that seem to have no relation and other stuff kinda baffled by like " Cs Digital Studio.Cs_Sexy_Bunny_Rd.latest "? Stuff like "Valentino" deleted ages ago.

Am I packing this wrong or something? I don't understand why their's such a huge accumulated list of stuff seemngly not using.

I don't understand why their's such a huge accumulated list of stuff seemngly not using.
I looked at your previous version,
most dependencies got pulled because of 1 morph and 1 hairstyle used inside your scene (referencing other packages).

Skippy/Burns 1.vam hair inside PhantasyStarfan.Kung_Lee_PackV2.latest
Mouth Side Crease.vmi
morph inside PhantasyStarfan.Work_fucko.1
dep.png
Hope this helps. ;)

Haiir cloths morphs poses. If you use presets of pretty much any kind it can take you down a rabbit hole of dependencies.. pose packs are especially bad for it as alot of morphs are used to get certain poses. The only way to get truly dependancy free content is to male it all yourself.

For sharing a look with custom morphs, you may want to merge them first with the MorphMerger plugin.
I personally really hate downloads with an unneccessaryly long dependency list, too.

I was trying to share a look, it should be my first one. Then I tried to pack it in a var and saw the dependencies list, I gave up. It's too much! This should be overworked in 2.0. Totally confusing.

I was trying to share a look, it should be my first one. Then I tried to pack it in a var and saw the dependencies list, I gave up. It's too much! This should be overworked in 2.0. Totally confusing.
I agree with you. Recently I saw something with almost 50 dependencies! No way! Must be something REALLY good before I put all that unwanted additional stuff to my overboarding VaM installation. At least there should be a way to kill all those error messages at VaM start, if I have skipped some dependencies here and there.

Back
Top Bottom