Question Why are my poses not being saved in my scene?

NearlyComatose

Reactions
After years of messing around with VAM on a superficial level I've finally started to create my own complex scene. I started with an empty scene and added a room, some props, and some lighting. Then I added three person atoms and loaded some general presets onto them that I have developed over the years. Finally , I added the usual plugins to each atom (Timeline, Life, Titty magic, Booty Magic). Everything fine so far. But now I am posing my characters in some simple way in order to get started with the animations, but when I save the scene and reload it, the characters go back to the original poses that they had prior to me positioning them. I can save the poses as presets and then successfully load them onto my characters each time after I load the scene, but I should not have to do this. I did have a Heelz fix plugin loaded that was giving me grief with the foot positioning, and so I disabled that, but it did not help. Any help on this issue will be appreciated. Thanks.

The position of atoms is kept as when you last saved the scene unless there's something overriding that behaviour.
Try making a very simple scene by adding a person, position it in a different way, save the scene and load it.

Upvote 0
The position of atoms is kept as when you last saved the scene unless there's something overriding that behaviour.
Try making a very simple scene by adding a person, position it in a different way, save the scene and load it.
OK that is a good idea, I'll give that I try. I have made simple scenes in the past with one or two person atoms that did retain their poses, but I haven't tried a simple scene in a while.

Upvote 0
If it all works fine in that scene then there's nothing wrong with core VaM and it's something in your bigger scene creating the problem.

Upvote 0
So I figured this out. Thanks atani for stimulating my thinking. I had added several plugins, including AcidBubble's Timeline, to each of the three characters. I had not opened any of the Timeline configurations yet. On a hunch I went in and looked at each of the configurations, and the two characters that were giving me issues had all of their controllers added to a 2sec. Animation1 with only a set of start and end keyframes. So the pose was being applied by Timeline each time I loaded the scene/plugin. I don't know how those poses got saved in Timeline because I had never opened the Timeline configurations, but that was the issue. It could have been something with the way that I loaded the "general" presets I suppose. I deleted all animations and the problem is fixed.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom