What size UI scale is everyone using?

BlackMagic

Reactions
Even set at one, it OFTEN displays text too small to read. But set to 1.2 where it becomes readable, there is barely any room for anything beyond the UI.
1713366195073.png

Sometimes I do wanna read the small text. My VaM is around 500gb, I've got so much stuff. It's nice to read the text, so I can find the name or path to certain files.

It just seems odd to me that it was decided to shrink text to fit into a designed space rather than create a pop-up window with enough space to display information that is too big for the space provided. Back before I retired, I would hack DLL's to re-arrange or resize on screen stuff, but that was ages ago. sigh.

Mind that VARs came several years after the first releases of VaM and without the VAR name that field could have been enough to read the local paths without much problem. Anyway, expanding that area would bring its own issues, there's always a catch.
The person textures paths were something that people checked a lot and in one of the last updates to VaM it was added a magnification by hovering to be able to read them without increasing the UI size. By the way, you can increase the UI size, the range is hidden on the bottom grey bar, click the 3 dots.

Thanks atani, but I didn't mean that the area be expanded - the UI is a busy area. But a pop-up window would not change the original UI display, just a temp hover. And NO, if I make the UI scale any bigger there would be no room for anything else on my screen. I use an old HD TV as my monitor and 1920x1080 is as high as it can go. Got no rich uncles about to kick the bucket, grrr.
Any way to make VaM use two monitors? I could move UI off the main screen and size it for my old eyes, and still have a "working" space. (Yah, I know, maybe in VAM 2.x...)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom