What might cause a VAR file not to show up on the loading list?

Twelvepak

Reactions
Patreon
Twelvepak
I haven't had this problem before. All the scenes I have previously packaged into a VAR has worked fine. My latest scene I am updating packages up fine, and it tells me it is ready for use, but when I look for it to load it, it doesn't show up. If I open the folder from windows explorer, it is there, but from within VAM while VAM is running, it doesn't show up. I cannot see what is wrong. Any ideas?

Additional Info: When I look through the package manager, the .VAR that is being crated for this scene, no matter what I name it, is showing up under "Plug-ins" instead of "Scenes". I don't see what is causing this in the "Package Creator". Does anyone have any insight on this issue at all please?

Last edited:
Ok, so again I have found a solution to my problem by pure luck. Turns out, I was packaging the scene using the "Open Package Builder" icon in the tool bar and adding the files from there, then following the same procedures as the rest of my scenes and everything looked fine. Problem is, after finalizing the package, it would not show up in the "Scenes" to load.

The solution was to NOT use that "Open Package Builder" icon to open the splash screen to build the package. Instead I had to use the "Save Scene and Add to New Package" button and then the new package showed up to load. I still don't know WHY this worked as compared to using the other ICON to open the package builder, but I know it did work, so problem solved.

Newly created packages show up at the bottom of the list for some reason. Only after you restart VaM they are sorted in correctly.
Yep, I noticed that too, but in this case, was not the issue. When creating the package using the ICON button as I described above, the package was created as a plug-in in stead of a scene. I have ZERO idea why. The only plugin used in the scene is MeshedVRs cycle force thing. So for me, that ICON to open the package builder is now a no-no.

The only plugin used in the scene is MeshedVRs cycle force thing. So for me, that ICON to open the package builder is now a no-no.

That script/plugin was not updated since april/2020 (that's the date i have on 1 client, could be older).
So one options is simply not including it inside your package (by now everyone have it, don't think theres still users with v1.18 around).

Yep, I noticed that too, but in this case, was not the issue. When creating the package using the ICON button as I described above, the package was created as a plug-in in stead of a scene. I have ZERO idea why. The only plugin used in the scene is MeshedVRs cycle force thing. So for me, that ICON to open the package builder is now a no-no.
Thank you. Was wondering why my VAR wasn't appearing in the scene view.

For others that find this in 2024. Do NOT press the pacakage icon at the bottom tab. It will not create a proper .VAR file

I've had no problems using the Package Builder icon in the UI. You may need to select what type of package it is manually, rather than let the tool decide. You should use the icon, but pay attention to what it's doing. All of my action scenes use plugins, but they are scene vars, as expected.

Back
Top Bottom