• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Answered What is the key to move up and down in desktop mode.

Babell99

Reactions
Hi guys,

as funny as it sounds. I cannot figure this one out and it start to drive me nuts while editing scenes.

In desktop mode, the keys AWSD move the camera (Tab mode or not) forward, backward, left and right.

But what are the keys to move the camera up and down?

It get quite difficult to place objects without this but I am surely missing something!

Last edited:
Should be Z and X I think (not sitting at a keyboard ATM).

I would also recommend playing with the right mouse key and middle mouse key/roller for a more fluid experience in desktop.

If you click and hold the right mouse button, then move your mouse around you will hover in a 360 strafing motion around whatever you are looking at. If you click and hold the middle mouse wheel you will move directly up/down/left/right while looking forward, then rolling the mouse wheel will move you forward and backwards. Left mouse button is obvious with selecting/grabbing things.

This should greatly help your desktop gaming when, eh, gaming one handed. Heh.

Upvote 0
Should be Z and X I think (not sitting at a keyboard ATM).

I would also recommend playing with the right mouse key and middle mouse key/roller for a more fluid experience in desktop.

If you click and hold the right mouse button, then move your mouse around you will hover in a 360 strafing motion around whatever you are looking at. If you click and hold the middle mouse wheel you will move directly up/down/left/right while looking forward, then rolling the mouse wheel will move you forward and backwards. Left mouse button is obvious with selecting/grabbing things.

This should greatly help your desktop gaming when, eh, gaming one handed. Heh.

It was Z and X!!!! Thanks Johninvr

Upvote 0
That is helpful.

What would this translate to for VR mode with Valve Index controllers??

Upvote 0

Thanks, that's a useful guide. Unfortunately I can't find a way to bind up/down positional movement in SteamVR. Also keyboard bindings aren't supported, although I found an app called OpenVR2Key which I could try to bind Z and X with.

Seems the Valve controllers allow Left-Right-Forward-Back (typically the left thumbstick) and Rotate (Right thumbstick) and they can be swapped but there doesn't seem to be a consideration for Up-Down movement.

Upvote 0
Thanks, that's a useful guide. Unfortunately I can't find a way to bind up/down positional movement in SteamVR. Also keyboard bindings aren't supported, although I found an app called OpenVR2Key which I could try to bind Z and X with.

Seems the Valve controllers allow Left-Right-Forward-Back (typically the left thumbstick) and Rotate (Right thumbstick) and they can be swapped but there doesn't seem to be a consideration for Up-Down movement.

I use the ZuckerGoggles (Quest1), so I'm sorry I can't be more helpfull - I think you can fiddle some in SteamVR, defining custom controls, but I haven't done much with that. Maybe you could try asking WrongTamago, the author of the guide, for help? Or ask in the General thread of the official discord?

Upvote 0
Its the touchpad (between joystick and buttons) hold either side with thumb then drag screen up down and around. Idk if you mean strictly z axis because it allows all axis to be moved.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom