Question What headsets are you guys using?

okgunman

Reactions
I have a quest 1 and its definitely outdated, ive seen some videos and the quality on the headset is nothing like it is in those, so im wondering what headset do you guys have, I will most likely be getting a quest 3 or if valve releases anything anytime soon their next headset, just let me know thank you

I have a Pico 4 and used to have a Reverb G2. They're both way better than the original Quest, even the Q2, so if you upgrade it will be a big jump in quality (but also PC demands).

Upvote 0
I own both the Oculus cv1 and the Valve Index. 144hz of the index is really valuable in this game, although I do miss the black levels of the cv1 OLED panels when I use the index. Passthrough mode on the index is not as good as the quests from what I can see .

Upvote 0
I have an Index and it has served me well for the past couple of years. I wouldn't recommend buying one though because there are better options for much cheaper now. I'm personally waiting until the next Valve product comes out because I'm not a big fan of Facebook's business model

Upvote 0
Quest 3, it's really good, looks a lot better than the Q2 because of the pancake lenses, works great in VaM and you can use Virtual Desktop straight to it so that helps the performance too

Upvote 0
The Index was a nice-albeit-pricey upgrade for me when I bought it years after its release (upgraded from an original HTC Vive), but it was starting to get outpaced even then. There's a ton of positivity around the Quest 3 and it sounds legit amazing but I just can't with Facebook/Meta/whatever. It's a shame because there are annoying things about the Index, as nice as it is (fresnel lenses, requires SteamVR), but that wouldn't stop me from buying another Valve iteration...if they ever actually release one. >_>;

Between the Index and the Steam Deck OLED I'm honestly becoming a fan of their hardware...gotta' be careful not to get blindly fanatical though.

Upvote 0
I have a quest 1 and its definitely outdated, ive seen some videos and the quality on the headset is nothing like it is in those, so im wondering what headset do you guys have, I will most likely be getting a quest 3 or if valve releases anything anytime soon their next headset, just let me know thank you
I had a pimax crystal. I decided to try a quest 3 with passthrough and hand tracking... girls in my house? Ill never have another headset without passthrough and hand tracking... I quit playing VAM all together for like a year. Decided to try it with quest 3 and passthrough and it blew my mind. Seeing a model walk into your room is insane.

Upvote 0
Upgraded from Q2 to Q3 and yes, it's worth it. Crisper graphics, wider FOV, and adds very cool passthrough option when paired with Virtual Desktop so your VAM companion can join you in your own space. I found Quest Link became unusable (I think another poster said the same) and wished I'd switched to Virtual Desktop a long time ago - way more robust. If you get the Q3 you MUST buy a real headstrap. The OEM strap is EVIL. Get one with a battery and it balances the weight and adds longevity do you can play in VAM for hours.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom