Question What are the best practices for a creator?

capta134

Reactions
Here is the scenario:

I bought a scene but then noticed it requires dependencies that are not available on the Hub. These dependencies are also not listed on the creator's Patreon website. I want to know if it's acceptable to sell something and later have the user discover that they need to pay more for missing dependencies, especially when those dependencies are paid content from other creators."

Here is the scenario:

I bought a scene but then noticed it requires dependencies that are not available on the Hub. These dependencies are also not listed on the creator's Patreon website. I want to know if it's acceptable to sell something and later have the user discover that they need to pay more for missing dependencies, especially when those dependencies are paid content from other creators."
This is very irresponsible on the part of the creator. Although the PC license is not specifically non-commercial as a referenced dependency, it does imply that it is only for personal use. It is bad practice to use other people's PC content in distributed scenes, free or paid. At minimum, the scene creator should be advertising where to purchase the paid content from specifically, and crediting them. I suspect the scene creator is not well-organized and didn't realize the content was paid. My suggestion is to leave a review on the scene and inform them of the problem.

Upvote 1
Ideally dependencies used should always be hub-hosted. That way users can just have download them automatically, which the obvious least painful way. If that's not possible, there should at least be a clear and comprehensive list of dependencies and where to get them BEFORE you buy a paid asset. That's just common sense.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom