What happened to the Voxta thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brand new thread starting with a full breakdown of what Voxta is and its feature list would be worthwhile imho. It's a significant development for VaM and interactive AI.

The user who created the thread deleted the thread. Hopefully one of the other Voxta team members will start a new thread.

Please uncancel ReignMocap 🙏❤️

hug.gif

Reign has made serious real world threats against my entire team, including me, and will not be allowed back in. We have no tolerance for this kind of behavior.

That said, I hope the Voxta project and team can continue and they are welcome to post here.

Reign has made serious real world threats against my entire team, including me, and will not be allowed back in. We have no tolerance for this kind of behavior.

That said, I hope the Voxta project and team can continue and they are welcome to post here.

Not surprised, he always seemed incredibly cringe and volatile personality wise...

Hi everyone! The Voxta project is still very alive, though we clearly have to make some changes if we want it to see the light of day. For now, I don't even yet have all the details myself but I know more than enough to present my apologies for what happened to @meshedvr and the mods team (@AshAuryn). I hope we can recover from this situation, in the meantime I'll continue working on making the project a reality.

Expect some announcements next week, if we can get our stuff in order until then. But I promise this'll get released one way or another.

People can reach out to me of they have questions.

Ok, thanks Acid. Always good to hear this kind of allegations from two sides. All the best for your project!

First post here but I've been lurking and following Voxta for a bit, looking forward to its release. When I noticed the thread was gone, I was scared the project was canceled or something. Really sad to see what happened but I totally agree with the decision that has been made after seeing what occurred.

We are playing an adult game here just looking to disconnect from real life and have a good chill time and that sort of stuff is just so unnecessary.

I am really happy to see that the project will continue though and I am looking forward to trying it out when it is available. Maybe a new thread can be made about it so we can keep informed about things when you got something big to share. ☺

I hope it continues too. Looking forward to seeing the magic happen here.

I have every faith that Acid and team will deliver. I'm itching to get this connected to my LLM box.

Ok, thanks Acid. Always good to hear this kind of allegations from two sides. All the best for your project!

Your mod team always has everyone's best interests at heart. There are many checks and balances for fairness, and no one moderator can go on a crusade or single anyone out.

We very much want to see creators and projects succeed, and often give multiple chances for reconciliation or redemption when able. We are as excited for Voxta as everyone else!

Please understand that not hearing "our side" doesn't mean we can't defend our actions. It means we respect and follow our Privacy Policy for all members regardless of whether they have been banned. Generally, unless publicly called out by the member themselves, you won't hear anything back from us about our reasons. In this case, MeshedVR felt it prudent to give some basic feedback to the community because of the seriousness of the offense.

For this reason we greatly appreciate @Acid Bubbles for speaking on our behalf.

Its just that Reign didnt behave suspicious in my eyes. Controversial, maybe. And since he cant defend himself in here its good to hear both sides you know? No offend. All good.

Here is Reign's side if you want it. This was posted by him on his Patreon.

I have been perma banned from the Virtamate Hub. I threatened a moderator. The whole thing was a hit from the moderator team in my opinion. The've been wanting to get rid of me for a while now. What does this mean for my patreon? Nothing. It's business as usual. I am getting ready some new content but at the moment I am laser focused on Voxta. Voxta will not be affected by this. The app will still see the light of day and will be in your hands on my patreon (first version). I need you now more than ever. I am talking to the guys that stuck up up with me trough tick and thin. I give you my word you will get Voxta. That being said, after my affairs are in order...I will be going hunting. It's going to be biblical. Thank you for your support and stay tuned. Voxta closed beta will start soon.

I can tell you it wasn't a hit from the team, and I'm confident 99.9% of the community would agree with the ban if we posted screenshots of all of our interactions here. Some of what was said were serious real world threats. Please also consider this: we just let Reign back on to Discord a couple months back after a previous ban. We granted him another chance because of his work on Voxta, and he promised to follow rules which he had previously broken. If we wanted to get rid of him as he says here, why did we lift his previous ban and give him another chance? You can see that doesn't add up. Reign has received more chances than most due to his long presence and contributions here. Unfortunately he was not able to follow our Hub rules and went even beyond that to another serious level. He won't get any more chances due to that alone.

Why not post screenshots of the correspondence then? Of course if there is information that could identify individuals or their locations it would be reasonable to redact said information, but barring that sort of content, it should be fine to post correspondence, right?

Additionally, what exactly constitutes a real world threat? Based on what I've seen in Reign's posted text or audio recordings, I can easily see him saying something along the lines of "I'll break into your house and fuck your mother", which while crass is barely a realistic threat coming from some crazy asshole in Romania. "I'm going to book a flight and come to your house located at [REDACTED] and [commit property damage and/or inflict bodily harm]" is of course a completely different story.

You of course have no obligation to explain yourself further, you are free to run your site as you see fit. However, Reign was a fairly well known member here on the HUB. I don't know how many downloads he's had here on the HUB in the past couple of years, but I'm sure it's not an insignificant number. His fans will surely wonder what happened to him, and without sufficient transparency, conspiracy theories may develop among them.

In general, I don't think posting screenshots of private messages is good etiquette. While I understand people might want real evidence, posting such things might result in a public shaming which is not called for. If our lack of posting concrete evidence that led to the ban leads to conspiracy theories, so be it. I would rather have that than be unprofessional about this. We have already provided a clear reason for the ban, and I'm not willing to go into more details for the previous stated reasons. Ash described it best in his post above. There is no reason to post this information unless we are publicly challenged elsewhere by the person who was banned. Generally we don't even announce bans publicly (they happen all the time), but since the member banned was popular, and there were questions here about the Voxta thread, I felt it necessary that we at least state the reason why the member was banned and make it clear they are not going to be allowed back. We are still welcoming the Voxta project, even if the banned member is still working on it. That banned member is just no longer allowed to post content here or on our Discord server directly. Someone else on the team still can.

I am going to close this thread as the question was answered. I would encourage @Acid Bubbles to start a new Voxta discussion thread and encourage everyone else to lay the topic of the ban to rest. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom