Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph.

PhantasyStarfan

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions

Hi. I've been following this tut, but when I get to step 36 I get this error and the morph doesn't work.

Made a head in Blender and essentially tried to lop off the default one and replace it with a new one joining the mesh.

Is there a way for me to create a morph and replace the head with the one created in Blender?

Any help would be app

Hi,
this is a very typical error.
It is absolutely essential to first export a Genesis2 figure WITHOUT SMOOTHING, as is said at the beginning of most tutorials.
After you have done that, you strictly have to keep the absolutely exact same number of vertices and polygones.
Only deform the mesh. Don't add or remove even a single one (no joke). Otherwise the DAZ morph importer will reject the editd mesh with no mercy.

Is there a way for me to create a morph and replace the head with the one created in Blender

No.
You can't replace the figure meshes in VaM 1.x You can "only" morph them to another shape.
So the Genesis 2 figure(s) in DAZ3d are the same meshes, you can do morphs in DAZ and use them in VaM.
For DAZ there are some more tools and options to create morphs.
For creating morphs in DAZ it is neccessary to strictly keep the exact ammount of vertices and polygones, as said above.
So, no: it is not simply possible to replace the head.
What you can do (and this is what many users did when claiming to have "import an mesh"),
is to re-shaping the original Genesis2 mesh to look like the target-mesh.
You can do this manually, or you can use some few tools which can do this somewhat automatically.
I don't know how to do this in Blender, because I usually use Z-Brush.
There is a very short and rudimentary tutorial on the NoOC Discord on how to automaticaly re-shape the Genesis 2 mesh in Z-Brush, but that is so much complicated and advanced, that I feel incapable of explaining it. :(

I see. Well that's unfortunate. Thanks for the info.
Mainly learned Blender and no next to nothing about DAZ.

Hello again. Won't spam threads but I have another question.

I was told it's possible to make clothes in Blender as opposed to Daz. Are there any guides anyone knows of so I can use my currently learned Blender stuff to start making clothes as well as morphs?

Basically know how to make stuff in Blender now, the problem not sure about the whole porting process to get any made clothes directly into Vam and attached to models.

Yes, there are some tutorials in the "Guide" sction on how the make clothing items.
It doesnt matter much, if it is a hair bow or a complete suit.
The trick to find tutorials how to create clothes, is to search for DAZ3d tutorials, not for VaM. The DAZ community is much bigger and older than the VaM community.
Once you have fitted it to a Genesis 2 figure in DAZ, the import process for VaM is the same as with DAZ clothes.

Yes, there are some tutorials in the "Guide" sction on how the make clothing items.
It doesnt matter much, if it is a hair bow or a complete suit.
The trick to find tutorials how to create clothes, is to search for DAZ3d tutorials, not for VaM. The DAZ community is much bigger and older than the VaM community.
Once you have fitted it to a Genesis 2 figure in DAZ, the import process for VaM is the same as with DAZ clothes.

So to be clear, you can create hair/clothes in Blender, and port them to VAM through DAZ, yes?

Quick question about importing Gen2 models.
When I import the base male model there is no gentiles. Does Vam automatically add them, or do I model them and Daz does it in some manner? Not sure.

Quick question about importing Gen2 models.
When I import the base male model there is no gentiles. Does Vam automatically add them, or do I model them and Daz does it in some manner? Not sure.

The male and female genitals are extra-meshes. This is the reason why they have separate morphs (-folder), by the way. VaM uses the standard DAZ male genitals and the "3FeetWolfes New Genitalia V1" for females.
Therfore VaM will automatically load them to your figure, even if you change the geometry a lot (but be a bit cautious, anyways). If you want to create morphs for the genitals, you have to use those meshes in DAZ directly.
In DAZ you always have to add those genitals to the figures manually, if you want to see the (Edit: but you doesn't need this for creating body morphs).

Last edited:
Hello, please share this "3FeetWolfes New Genitalia V1"
I want to adjust the size (now it's just unrealistically small)

Hello, please share this "3FeetWolfes New Genitalia V1"
I want to adjust the size (now it's just unrealistically small)

Here it is. Sorry, paid DAZ stuff.

If you want to adjust the size, then there are many custom genitalia morphs around. If you plan to do some bigger changes to the mesh, be warned, that there are never enough polygones to move around.

Yes, thanks, I saw. If someone has it, throw it in private.
Naturally, I will post the result to the public.

Back
Top Bottom