HP Reverb Controllers failed

Robbswam

Reactions
I can not get the HP Revrb 2 controllers to work in STEAM VR very well.. and they do not work at all in VAM.. can anyone point me towards a solution ?

supposing you got "windows mixed reality for steamvr" downloaded and installed (and of course the essentials: windows mixed reality and steam) everything should work fine. For targets visibility when you need in edit mode I found a solution: when Vam (VR) is loaded just use your pc keyboard and click on that tag <toggle monitor> (you are in edit mode) then click on key <T> [toggle targets visibility] ...did you try? then after you can click again that menu (down left on Vam screen) toggle monitor> and it's done: no need to load plugins or to use other steam functions....that's the hot key to get always targets visibility ON when you are in Vam edit mode, this status lasts for an entire session. It's a good compromise solution, not perfect, but enough to use Vam VR. To select/move targets I click right controller index trigger+button B .

Last edited:
There are some settings in VAM itself that can cause this. I had an issue with my right controller, took forever to figure out.

There are some settings in VAM itself that can cause this. I had an issue with my right controller, took forever to figure out.
any tip about reverb is welcome (considering the rarity of the argument in all Vam forums, besides negative critics)

any tip about reverb is welcome (considering the rarity of the argument in all Vam forums, besides negative critics)
That's been my only issue really. The software sucks balls compared to Occulus and it's just less stable but the video quality is better which is what really matters for VAM. (as opposed to gaming) I also hate the garden hose cord.

A combo of these two posts helped:

The last post in this thread has the important info. I feel like I had to use desktop mode for some of it.

It was sort of finicky, but if you play around with it a bit you Should be able to save your own (persistent) defaults.

Last edited:
A combo of these two posts helped:

The last post in this thread has the important info. I feel like I had to use desktop mode for some of it.

It was sort of finicky, but if you play around with it a bit you Should be able to save your own (persistent) defaults.
you said it "should be able" 😟🤔☹ and I was scrolling all of that crap full of other fantastic actions list (in the specific vam steam vr list) without finding that single poor neglected fucking banal bastard caucasic or blm option. I go on with that T key option that till now was saving my ass during vr editing session.

Last edited:
my issue was resolved when I reloaded and resynchronized VAM with Steam = it was in different folders, and couldnt find the correct pathways for the dlls and drivers - so the controllers worked in steam but not in VAM = now they work well

my issue was resolved when I reloaded and resynchronized VAM with Steam = it was in different folders, and couldnt find the correct pathways for the dlls and drivers - so the controllers worked in steam but not in VAM = now they work well
glad you solved the issue. The problem with my reverb g2 was just that "action" (using the steam word) of showing targets controls when in edit mode and pressing the button B: it works, yes, but just always temporary so that there is not the time to aim and select the control I must edit. With that pc keyboard shortcut (hot key T) now I can see all the controls static in VR and so I can select a target as I could do easy with my old oculus rift s. But of course this is not a so good compromise. Maybe I should check in my windows 10 register if there is the same issue with Steam vam folder directory.

i actually had to reload the entire program from scratch to get them to be recognized. I installed to C: and then transferred the entire vam package into a seperate drive, and than migrated all the saves, skins, textures, looks, morphs and scenes etc etc... from the previous build.

glad you solved the issue. The problem with my reverb g2 was just that "action" (using the steam word) of showing targets controls when in edit mode and pressing the button B: it works, yes, but just always temporary so that there is not the time to aim and select the control I must edit. With that pc keyboard shortcut (hot key T) now I can see all the controls static in VR and so I can select a target as I could do easy with my old oculus rift s. But of course this is not a so good compromise. Maybe I should check in my windows 10 register if there is the same issue with Steam vam folder directory.

I ran into this too, and set mine up so that "show control nodes" is mapped to the left VR controller and grab is mapped to the right. I think both triggers are mapped to select, but I don't edit in VR much so I can't remember off the top of my head. IDK if you've run into this, but the control nodes only show if the menu is open. Being in edit mode isn't enough. If the menu isn't open they only show if you point directly at them, which isn't exactly helpful.

... must still use for the first time a left controller with my reverb (I suspected also that my stubborn attitude could be limiting the function of menu/targets showing :geek: ) ...but my single-controller interactivity with the g2 will stay the same and hopefully meshed will decide to give a last check to this HP headset compatibility.
Thanks for answering mate :)

Back
Top Bottom