Cannot get HP Reverb G2 Controllers to work

KeresAtropos

Reactions
Using Steam VR with windows mixed reality , there's no use of the controllers whatsoever once VAM loads up. No reference visibility, no nothing.

Any additional information you can give us would be helpful....

Can you load up any of the menus? Can you change anything in the UI? Can you see any of the UI once you enter a scene?

As soon as VaM loads, I can literally do nothing. Can’t select scenes or open the hub. The only button that works on the controller is the windows button..

I have a G2 and I've never experienced this problem. SteamVR, WMR, and VaM by default work fine.
You can try resetting VAM configuration, but I don't think the problem is in VAM.

I had looked at that post, but wasn't completely sure what their solution ended up being. I just changed the VAM folder location to the Program86 to get it in the same path and I'll give that a go right now and see if it works. I appreciate your all's input.

VAM should be in a folder without any special configuration, not in Program Files, Windows, etc. And run vam_updater.exe to check core integrity, just to confirm it's not missing anything.

VAM should be in a folder without any special configuration, not in Program Files, Windows, etc. And run vam_updater.exe to check core integrity, just to confirm it's not missing anything.

Agreed. And for convenience, install it in a folder right off the root of the drive - for example, C:\VaM

You're going to be going into there a lot to add VARs into the AddonPackages folder, or add other stuff way down in the Custom folders.

I just got my Reverb G2 and the image quality does seem a little better than my Oculus but I can't move up or down in VR, just side to side and forward/back. Anyone else have this happen and were able to fix it?

Are you using both remotes? The stick does different things on each.
I use only one the right one, so I resort to grabbing the world to move around to compensate for the lack of the left.

Are you using both remotes?

Yes, the right one lets me move right, left, back and forward. The left isn't doing anything. So right now I have no way to move up and down. I can do all this on my Quest 2.

I just got my Reverb G2 and the image quality does seem a little better than my Oculus but I can't move up or down in VR, just side to side and forward/back. Anyone else have this happen and were able to fix it?
IMHO I think your issue has mostly to do with your settings in the vam user vr preferences menu. I have steam crapware-vr **default** settings for the controllers (just haptic disabled to save battery power). Did you try pressing the fucking stick of right controller for moving "world" up/down ? With my reverb g2 I definitively get no issues, they are even more exact than my old rift-s. ps: "little better than oculus" is it your best impression? 🤣

Last edited:
Did you try pressing the fucking stick of right controller for moving "world" up/down ?

Yes, I tried pressing the fucking stick of the right controller but will try again and also check the Steam VR settings.

Yes, I tried pressing the fucking stick of the right controller but will try again and also check the Steam VR settings.
please reset or set-the-fucking-crapware-steamVR-keyshittings at DEFAULT (supercrapfucking) crap-settings and... if that is not enough, please check all those options mess in VAM vr settings, please 🙃 ps: with "pressing" I was meaning clicking that (fucking) stick on the vertical axis, not left-right-foreward-backward! keep it pressed for virtually moving as you want your point of view more near, more far or (finally) up or down. Good luck with vam settings. Not so easy, really good luck 😇🙃 this is a screenshot of my VAM settings for the reverb g2 controller (I use only the right one) ... just ignore the side steamcrapware-related.
Clipboard01.jpg

Our good charming Creator Meshed was giving priority mostly to the oculus-dimension vocabulary for this menu options, but everything works good even for WMR reverb settings. That's good for us neglected reverb peones-users even if there could be sometimes little banal misunderstandings.
You will smile I'm sure, if I tell you wich was my first issue with reverb g2: I was grabbing my left controller with my right hand and... I was not immediately understanding what the fuck was happening with trying to get a correct virtual-hand feedback, and the virtual hand was of course always pointing with the palm open to the right!! 😤🤬😅😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Uncheck "navigate lock height"
nav lock height.gif

Back
Top Bottom