VUML
Hmmm, I think I see the problem. There's one setting where its generating an error (incorrectly) if you set the Param B Target RB to "Any Node" (which is also the default). When this error occurs its also setting the Update Frequency to "On Execution" - to avoid flooding with errors - which is why you arent getting any updates. I'll look to get a fix out, but it should still work in this version with a bit of tweaking if you avoid using the "Any Node" setting and keep an eye on the Update Frequency.

Hmmm, I think I see the problem. There's one setting where its generating an error (incorrectly) if you set the Param B Target RB to "Any Node" (which is also the default). When this error occurs its also setting the Update Frequency to "On Execution" - to avoid flooding with errors - which is why you arent getting any updates. I'll look to get a fix out, but it should still work in this version with a bit of tweaking if you avoid using the "Any Node" setting and keep an eye on the Update Frequency.

Your're plugins are fantastic! It's the next best thing to coding w/o actually knowing how to code! VUML is indeed a very appropriate acronym! All the finicky business is nicely constrained in a GUI so you can focus on program design rather than the actual coding! Makes me wonder why UML isn't more commonly used (that I know of)... Anyway, as far as the collision business, unfortunately, I need to use "any node" because I don't know what I'll be banging into lol. It's ok though, I found a work-around using enable/disable of dummy plugins to act as "intermediary state indicator" between the collider and VUML. Works like a charm!

Your're plugins are fantastic! It's the next best thing to coding w/o actually knowing how to code! VUML is indeed a very appropriate acronym! All the finicky business is nicely constrained in a GUI so you can focus on program design rather than the actual coding! Makes me wonder why UML isn't more commonly used (that I know of)... Anyway, as far as the collision business, unfortunately, I need to use "any node" because I don't know what I'll be banging into lol. It's ok though, I found a work-around using enable/disable of dummy plugins to act as "intermediary state indicator" between the collider and VUML. Works like a charm!
Thanks. I have a fix for that "Any Node" problem already. Just working an another collider related VUML bug so I hope to release a fixed VUML version very soon.

Is is possible to create "accumulator" in VUML? I've tried to create Float variable and sum itself with additional value but the Float has starting value different than 0...
I would like to calculate sum of difference of current animation speed and desired speed over time.

Not quite sure I understand what you are trying to achieve, but maybe something like this is required:
1636626041465.png

Every time you execute the update it will increment Float1 by the value of Float2.

This is exactly what i've tried. But vFLOAT1 is not 0 because I've used continuous at start and it gain some value, after change to on execution it didnt' change the value to 0. Maybe it would be useful to add button to zero all calculated values. Otherwise you have to recreate the whole chain... Thanks for answer.

Last edited:
good evening jayjayWon.

I have recently downloaded your beautiful and very useful VUML plugin.
I was experimenting a bit to see what it could do, but I realized that when you put a boolean variable
is the set in collisions the parameter a does not have the "Any Node" option.
it would be even more useful if there was.
Screenshot (9).png

could you do it for me it would be very useful if you can.

Thank you.

good evening jayjayWon.

I have recently downloaded your beautiful and very useful VUML plugin.
I was experimenting a bit to see what it could do, but I realized that when you put a boolean variable
is the set in collisions the parameter a does not have the "Any Node" option.
it would be even more useful if there was.

could you do it for me it would be very useful if you can.

Thank you.
Its a long time since I built this functionality, but I seem to recall that I tried to do that originally but I couldnt get it to work. Its likely to be possible, but its probably not simple to implement (for me at least).

Its a long time since I built this functionality, but I seem to recall that I tried to do that originally but I couldnt get it to work. Its likely to be possible, but its probably not simple to implement (for me at least).
sin would have been great.

Is there a wiki, or some document which explains what the functions are? MacGruber's actions has a nice showcase of what's possible. Is there any file which helps with piloting this plugin?

Is there a wiki, or some document which explains what the functions are? MacGruber's actions has a nice showcase of what's possible. Is there any file which helps with piloting this plugin?
Only the short VUML Usage Guide thats included in the downloads

I may be blind but I don't see a link to any documentation in the main post? Am eager to play around with this but not really sure how to use it once I loaded it in.

Not going to Lie, I retarded and slow to learn new things. Trying to figure out how to use the plugin the way I want is killing me. I need, video or pictures to explain things. Just how my mind works. I wish I the hub had a function to search for scenes with specific plugins so i could open them up and see how the heck its workings lol.

Not going to Lie, I retarded and slow to learn new things. Trying to figure out how to use the plugin the way I want is killing me. I need, video or pictures to explain things. Just how my mind works. I wish I the hub had a function to search for scenes with specific plugins so i could open them up and see how the heck its workings lol.
If you use the hub advanced search you can search for keywords in just scene resources. Here’s one example

If you use the hub advanced search you can search for keywords in just scene resources. Here’s one example
For some reason I just didnt use my brain on that one, The advanced search ugh. I guess my larger is issue is I was literally reading all the termanology. Unstanding Math, and coding language. Thanks for the speedy reply. Ill just need to bash my head on the screen a few times. :D

How do I actually assign a calculated value from VUML to something else's value??

For example, I want to increase and decrease the speed of an animation by clicking a button (not using a slider!)

So I've set up 4 floats in VUML:
  1. The amount I want to adjust the speed of the animation by
  2. The current speed of the animation.
  3. Calculated value of current speed value + adjustment value
  4. Calculated value of current speed value - adjustment value
How the current speed gets calculated is when I click the + button, it executes two calculations. One for Float2 where it takes the current speed of the animation and sets it to Float2, and Float3 is then calculated by Float2 + Float1. Float4 is the same except it's Float2 - Float1.

But I can't see any way to actually assign that calculated float value to the animation speed when clicking the button. How do I do that??

Edit: I tried using Action Grouper, as I assumed I would be able to choose WHICH action gets executed when I click a button, but apparently that is not the case.
I had set up 1 action to do the increase speed calculation, and another action to decrease it, but they both just execute at the same time...

Last edited:
How do I actually assign a calculated value from VUML to something else's value??

For example, I want to increase and decrease the speed of an animation by clicking a button (not using a slider!)

So I've set up 4 floats in VUML:
  1. The amount I want to adjust the speed of the animation by
  2. The current speed of the animation.
  3. Calculated value of current speed value + adjustment value
  4. Calculated value of current speed value - adjustment value
How the current speed gets calculated is when I click the + button, it executes two calculations. One for Float2 where it takes the current speed of the animation and sets it to Float2, and Float3 is then calculated by Float2 + Float1. Float4 is the same except it's Float2 - Float1.

But I can't see any way to actually assign that calculated float value to the animation speed when clicking the button. How do I do that??
You also need the ActionGrouper plugin to assign actions, which can use the values. VUML and ActionGrouper work in tandem, so to speak.

You also need the ActionGrouper plugin to assign actions, which can use the values. VUML and ActionGrouper work in tandem, so to speak.

There doesn't seem to be a way to directly control which action executes when executing the plugin other than setting the probability, which I just figured out...

I thought the conditional execution based on boolean that you set on the left would be action-specific, but it's not....

I set it up so that when I click the + button to increase the animation speed, it does the calculation, sets the probability for Action 2 (which is the one that assigns the decreased value to the animation) is ZERO and the probability for Action 1 which assigns the increased value is 100. Opposite for the - or decrease speed button.

This entire scenario could be avoided if you could just change the "Maths" operation type from a button click, which according to the menus it seems like you should be able to do that, at least, you can select Operation Type from within the trigger setup on the button, but you can't actually set it to anything else.

Are you supposed to be able to change the operation type? It doesn't appear to work.

There doesn't seem to be a way to directly control which action executes when executing the plugin other than setting the probability, which I just figured out...

I thought the conditional execution based on boolean that you set on the left would be action-specific, but it's not....

I set it up so that when I click the + button to increase the animation speed, it does the calculation, sets the probability for Action 2 (which is the one that assigns the decreased value to the animation) is ZERO and the probability for Action 1 which assigns the increased value is 100. Opposite for the - or decrease speed button.

This entire scenario could be avoided if you could just change the "Maths" operation type from a button click, which according to the menus it seems like you should be able to do that, at least, you can select Operation Type from within the trigger setup on the button, but you can't actually set it to anything else.

Are you supposed to be able to change the operation type? It doesn't appear to work.
I wouldnt use the probability to the control this. The intention of a single AcionGrouper instance is predominantly to have multiple actions all executed simultaneously. For your use case, just have 2 separate Action GRouper plugin instances. The first is triggered by your + button and sets the Animation speed to the Float3 value and the other Action Grouper is triggered by the - button and sets the Animation speed to the Float 4 value.

Not sure if it's been anyone else experience, but I found that having an active vBOOL variable based on collision where one the atoms being evaluated is a collision trigger will cut your scenes frame rate in half. It's much more efficient to just use a static vBool and update from the collision trigger itself if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom