Question VR: possession linking only one node.

srfuentes99

Reactions
Beginner question: Is there a way in VR to only possess one point, without needing to link the other two nodes? I'm just looking for have pov and head movement for non-interactive scenes.

Thank you.

there are several ways you can go about it , unsure which will work best for you.

-the button simply labeled 'Possess' in the 'navigation' menu lets you move your head and /or hands into the green circles, and then you press select when done. Technically i believe you can just position your head and then hit select and it bypasses the hands. However, i think i used this once or twice and aligning your head manually is a pain in the ass.

-if that does not work at all or doesnt work well, the other thing you can do is possess both head/hands using the standard 'possess mode' button- then in the 'navigation' menu, there is a red button that states 'select which possession to stop' and you can then proceed to select the hand nodes one by one to remove possession from them, leaving just the head.

-a third possible option, is to use Acidbubbles Passenger Plugin along with his Improved POV plugin used on the person you wish to possess.https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/passenger.103/ https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/improved-pov.102/ Passenger sort of puts you in possession mode without being really in possession mode. you can use the head to look around but if i recall it doesn't give you hand movement at all. Improved POV just makes POV not look as dopey as it does in its vanilla format. He has a more recent plugin called Embody that incorperates both of those plugins in one, but its got a much steeper learning curve.

Upvote 0
The quick way to use Embody rather than Passenger + Improved PoV is to use a preset. Add to a Person atom, choose the "Passenger" preset and you should be good to go :) But there's indeed much more options and possibility if you need :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom