Solved VirtaMate Resources

azhrarn

Reactions
With this new resource, it's become quite a jungle out there. Are we going to transition to just THIS platform?

Right now there is Reddit VAMScenes as well as the VirtAMate (which is clearly deprecated and not getting traffic any longer), Discord, and Patreon. Are those others going to move here, or do we have to keep monitoring them?

Solution
Soon the hub will be integrated into VAM, meaning you can download content, get var's required for scenes to work all within VAM.
Things uploaded here (not just linked) will auto-download with one of the upcoming VaM 1.20.X versions. That means if you download a scene by something, you don't have to gather hair, clothing, looks and props all manually....VaM will just get the dependencies for you automatically. That will make the hub to the main goto point. Also that it is far easier to upload something here. You can properly embed images and video easily, manage multiple versions of stuff, etc.

Currently I'm posting on Patreon, VirtaMate, Discord, Reddit and Twitter. Every platform has different needs, so you can't automate it. When uploading on Reddit you have to jump through ridiculous hoops, if you want images or video. Discord and Twitter are totally unsuited for the kind of releases I do, as my plugins usually need a lot of explanation on what they are actually good for. Neither Twitter, Reddit nor Discord are able to send reliable email notifications or proper watches, which is super annoying as you have to continuously login to check if anyone asked you stuff or tagged you. Its just eating a LOT of time I could spend working on stuff. Oh, and you probably noticed the very negative attitude of the crowd on Reddit. There you actually got more complaints about paid creations than actual paid creations and when you throw it at them for free, you get a 1000+ downloads, no upvotes or comments, but downvotes instead. I will probably cut down the number of platforms at some point...and Reddit and Twitter will gonna be dropped first.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom