Question Importing poses to Virtamate.

RPX69

Reactions
Hey guys,

As far as I know poses are not supported via outside of Vam. However I have seen pose sets of Zeddicus's work around and wonder if somehow there is a trick to it or did someone spend hours replicating them all. I have them in Daz and they look pretty much identical. Just wondering how it is done. Thanks!

It's not overly complicated, just a bit time-consuming.

You'll first need to create an animation in DAZ with a base Gen2 character switching from pose to pose and then save it in the BVH format.
Then, in VAM, set up your model, add the plugin BVH_Player to it (you can find it here on the Hub) and use the animation you created to pose your character.
Save each pose one by one as a preset so you can use them later. Profit.

Upvote 0

You'll first need to create an animation in DAZ with a base Gen2 character switching from pose to pose and then save it in the BVH format.
Then, in VAM, set up your model, add the plugin BVH_Player to it (you can find it here on the Hub) and use the animation you created to pose your character.

Cheers Dusk84, that helps a lot!

Upvote 0

This was the only place where I could find an explanation on how to port a pose from DAZ to VAM.
So thank you!

On the other hand I find this process is ... uhm ... well not so complicated in difficulty, but 'unnecessary annoying' complicated.
This should convertible directly without any animation. The meshes are rigged - should be possible.

Someone somewhere has probably already created a tool for mass converting tons of poses. I mean there are "Creators" with very questionable pose packs ... like nobody would recognize these poses come from popular DAZ real content creators. I do not believe for one second these big packs where done "manually".

Upvote 0
There's no tool as far as i know, its just long and annoying to do it via bvh which always messes up the arms legs hands and feet too, its somthing I did a bit for my shots but its such a time sink.

As for potential copyright issues, from my limited research at least, poses are considered transient and cannot be copyright so I guess there cant really be much comeback.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom