• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Importing poses to Virtamate.

RPX69

Reactions
Hey guys,

As far as I know poses are not supported via outside of Vam. However I have seen pose sets of Zeddicus's work around and wonder if somehow there is a trick to it or did someone spend hours replicating them all. I have them in Daz and they look pretty much identical. Just wondering how it is done. Thanks!

It's not overly complicated, just a bit time-consuming.

You'll first need to create an animation in DAZ with a base Gen2 character switching from pose to pose and then save it in the BVH format.
Then, in VAM, set up your model, add the plugin BVH_Player to it (you can find it here on the Hub) and use the animation you created to pose your character.
Save each pose one by one as a preset so you can use them later. Profit.

Upvote 0

You'll first need to create an animation in DAZ with a base Gen2 character switching from pose to pose and then save it in the BVH format.
Then, in VAM, set up your model, add the plugin BVH_Player to it (you can find it here on the Hub) and use the animation you created to pose your character.

Cheers Dusk84, that helps a lot!

Upvote 0

This was the only place where I could find an explanation on how to port a pose from DAZ to VAM.
So thank you!

On the other hand I find this process is ... uhm ... well not so complicated in difficulty, but 'unnecessary annoying' complicated.
This should convertible directly without any animation. The meshes are rigged - should be possible.

Someone somewhere has probably already created a tool for mass converting tons of poses. I mean there are "Creators" with very questionable pose packs ... like nobody would recognize these poses come from popular DAZ real content creators. I do not believe for one second these big packs where done "manually".

Upvote 0
There's no tool as far as i know, its just long and annoying to do it via bvh which always messes up the arms legs hands and feet too, its somthing I did a bit for my shots but its such a time sink.

As for potential copyright issues, from my limited research at least, poses are considered transient and cannot be copyright so I guess there cant really be much comeback.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom