• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Answered How to fix rotation issues when importing poses?

pinosante

Reactions
Hi,

When importing a pose on my character from a pose pack, the pose looks great. When I try to move the character however, the rotation has a weird center of rotation which makes rotating the character almost impossibly difficult to do.

I tried looking into the (.vap) json file and saw that all the limbs have rotation coordinates. But I have no idea how to fix the off-center rotation problem. What happens is that the “control” atom of the character has weird x, y and z rotations, and I’d like those just to be 0.

Anyone have a solution? I am willing to write a script to do recalculate coordinates/rotation on limbs, but I’d need to understand the posing math first. Or maybe there is a simple “realign” to (0,0,0) option somewhere. (But didn’t find it).

Go to the Atom's Control & Physics 1 menu and enable the Detach Person Root Control. You can then align the sphere to match your pose center. Don't forget to disable the option after you are done.

Upvote 0
@meow95z I am so happy with your answer. I've literally spent hours and hours, trying to rotate coordinates using python tools etc. It was driving me nuts, since I had to do a lot of pose editing with transformed coordinates.

Thank you so much!

PS Maybe you can help me with a new problem? After resetting the orientation like this, when I continue the animation I'm trying to reference for my posing, the animations are rotated by the re-orientation of my Atom. In an ideal world, I'd like the animations to respect the orientation as well. (It seems that the animation has the absolute positions and rotations hard corded in it)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@meow95z I am so happy with your answer. I've literally spent hours and hours, trying to rotate coordinates using python tools etc. It was driving me nuts, since I had to do a lot of pose editing with transformed coordinates.

Thank you so much!

PS Maybe you can help me with a new problem? After resetting the orientation like this, when I continue the animation I'm trying to reference for my posing, the animations are rotated by the re-orientation of my Atom. In an ideal world, I'd like the animations to respect the orientation as well. (It seems that the animation has the absolute positions and rotations hard corded in it)...

Yeah, I think it's a lost case and you need to remake the animation with the new orientation because if you made the animation before the reorientation, everything that is animated will be referenced to the old root control. Unless someone knows how to rewire an animation with a different root control, I can't help you with this one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom