Virt-u-mate

merk76

Reactions
Hy everyone. I'm new and confused. Which Is the difference between virt-a-mate and virt-U-mate?

Last edited:
Virt-a-Mate is a physics based VR simulator which can also be used in Desktop mode with good graphics and is highly customizable/very easy to add new content with a large community and endless possibilities in what you can do. (not really doing it justice)

Virt-u-Mate is a physics based clone trying to ride off the success of VAM by calling itself a very similar name and releasing on Steam to confuse people. Their graphics are subpar whilst also still looking like it uses the same base models as VAM, not even in an early access state (very buggy) and is Desktop only.

Reading reviews on the product page will tell you everything you need to know about VUM and how many people still don't know VAM exists because it's so niche and directed towards VR users. (Which is intended, but still plays flawlessly in Desktop mode.) The only reason I found out about VAM is because I was getting a VR headset and stumbled upon it in my "things to play with VR" research. People without a headset are less likely to find VAM which sucks because even though I own a headset, I much prefer the Desktop mode as I find VR tedious to use in general.

Neither of them are "games" though, but VAM is by far the superior sim (has a steep learning curve.) If you're looking for an actual game, I'd check out Koikatsu/Honey Select/COM3D2 games as they also come with a studio mode, but have game play too.

The only point VUM wins is they are on Steam and VAM isn't. VAM not being on Steam is honestly the biggest oversight. The pros far outweigh any of the cons of releasing on Steam imo, but that's just my opinion and the devs obviously see it differently behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom