How Big is your Virt-a-Mate Folder?

Fascinating and slightly sadmaking. Moving the cache to hdd only saves me about 50-60 gigs of my precious ssd. Right now that is more than half of my VaM folder, but over time that will change.

I disabled the caching feature all together after VaM started constantly crashing. Takes a few more seconds to load scenes but still loads surprisingly fast without it. Fixed the crashing issue as well.
I am going to have to try this. VaM crashes for me about every 5 scenes.

VaM crashes for me about every 5 scenes.

Only for my interest: how much VRAM has your graphiccard? There once was a bug where VaM crashes when reaching the VRAM limit. Though, I never had a single crash for more than a half year now (fingers crossed).

I would generally suggest to keep VaM on a diet, as good as possible. Overwight is never healthy.
The more you download, the more cross-dependencies you have, the more difficult it is to delete stuff when doing a cleaning. I am not very good at this, too, but now I try to not download everything mindlessly.

Only for my interest: how much VRAM has your graphiccard? There once was a bug where VaM crashes when reaching the VRAM limit. Though, I never had a single crash for more than a half year now (fingers crossed).
6 gigs, it is an rtx 2060 super. I know, not a great card. My computer died and it was the best I could get on short order as I need it for work.

Back
Top Bottom