VEGA: Part 2   A VR Experience

Scenes VEGA: Part 2 A VR Experience

Dragontales

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Twitter
DragoninkV
Nicely made scene. A shame for the loading times it brakes the immersion a bit.
Maybe something for the sequel to make a menu at the end where we can skip back to the different scenes.
Curiuos to what comes next ;)

Nicely made scene. A shame for the loading times it brakes the immersion a bit.
Maybe something for the sequel to make a menu at the end where we can skip back to the different scenes.
Curiuos to what comes next ;)
Thank you. I'm very glad you liked it. I do agree about the load times, but not sure how much I can realistically do about it, unfortunately. Some of ths is a learning curve and as I build each scene, I do learn more and more about making things smoother and better. But VAM is a very resource intensive program. I have a mid-level powered machine and I'm trying to be cognizant of those that may less powerful ones. I do keep that in mind when crafting scenes and trying to limit what's physically in each scene so that they play better for as many people as possible. Also, VAM's object organisational system is a bit primitive so once a scene starts to balloon up (if I was going to try and do them all in one) it gets very hard to keep track of all the different pieces. Also more opportunity for weird corruption and it gets harder to track down issues. I will keep trying to find better ways to combining things but for these opening scenes, it was a lot of very different places and play mechanics so it made more sense to break it up.

Well, you did a very good job. But I know from experience that very good scenes but complex soon will be forgoten. If a scene has a good menu to skip to different scenes it is more pleasant to work with. I say this because I think you put a lot of time in it.

Back
Top Bottom