VAMStory
The button disabled/hidden only changes the actual visibility and the way it flows in the panel. It's functionality stays the same (and will fire on load atm).
I had a bit of time this mornin', so I actually made the feature, I need to test a bit more to ensure I broke nothing as usual, but it'll be up today :)

That's awesome! Really liking the features of VAMStoryActions and Director, makes building logic very easy to follow.

Sorry im new. Getting crazy. What means "add to an empty atom"?! How do i create an empty atom?!

Seems i am blind. Didnt see it when i was looking for. Sorry for bothering and thx for the quick answer :)

The other day, I released the second scene using VAMStory. thank you!
A few things I noticed while creating the scene.
・Is there a workaround to improve the diagonal display of the dialog when using the POV?
・If you write a message of about 4 lines in the VAMstory dialog, the slider using VAMStory Action will be hidden behind the dialog.
It can be avoided if the offset amount can be set to the negative side or larger than the current situation.
(Although it can be handled with another Enpty + Link instead of using the same Enpty)
・Is it possible to show/hide multiple actions of VAMstory Action individually by specifying ActionID?

I would appreciate it if you could refer to it as an opinion rather than an improvement request.

Hi @hirohiro !

So!
Is there a workaround to improve the diagonal display of the dialog when using the POV?
What exactly do you mean by "diagonal display"? You mean the rotation system that automatically aligns with the view?
Since you seem to be from Japan, some things might be harder with the translation... could you eventually make a short video explaining the issue/improvement?

If you write a message of about 4 lines in the VAMstory dialog, the slider using VAMStory Action will be hidden behind the dialog.
Super strange! it should update dynamically. I have to test that.
If you can also send me an example scene (just an empty scene with the case with VAMS and VAMSActions), that could be helpful!

Is it possible to show/hide multiple actions of VAMstory Action individually by specifying ActionID
Haha! "Multiple" or "individual"? ^^
You can already show/hide individually, but multiple nope, not possible, you would have to do every single action one after another.
I suggest you use Director with a trigger that you can call anywhere and would show/hide multiple actions.

Hi @hirohiro !

So!

What exactly do you mean by "diagonal display"? You mean the rotation system that automatically aligns with the view?
Since you seem to be from Japan, some things might be harder with the translation... could you eventually make a short video explaining the issue/improvement?

Super strange! it should update dynamically. I have to test that.
If you can also send me an example scene (just an empty scene with the case with VAMS and VAMSActions), that could be helpful!

Haha! "Multiple" or "individual"? ^^
You can already show/hide individually, but multiple nope, not possible, you would have to do every single action one after another.
I suggest you use Director with a trigger that you can call anywhere and would show/hide multiple actions.

Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry for my lack of English skill.

Attached is an image explaining Q1 and Q2.

The image in Q1 is a screenshot from a male perspective by EMBODY.

The image of Q2 shows how the dialog and the slider overlap.
I've tried different values for Action height and Action spacing with no success.

Including Q3, it is possible that I am not mastered.
Sorry to trouble you.

Attachments

• Q1_sample.jpg
    Q1_sample.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Q1_sample2.jpg
    Q1_sample2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Q2_sample.jpg
    Q2_sample.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry for my lack of English skill.

Attached is an image explaining Q1 and Q2.

The image in Q1 is a screenshot from a male perspective by EMBODY.

The image of Q2 shows how the dialog and the slider overlap.
I've tried different values for Action height and Action spacing with no success.

Including Q3, it is possible that I am not mastered.
Sorry to trouble you.

lol! Don't be sorry! Your english is awesome!
I just want to be sure that we understand each other to answer your questions properly :)

Q1: Ok I see what you mean by your shot. For this case, there is nothing the can code do to improve that, I think that's more a UI/UX design or choice you have to make for your scene.

The angle you have chosen is pretty hard for a nice "visual feeling". You are kind of assuming that the player has to read AND look at the girl at the same time. But I think you're not forced to do that.

You can push the UI a bit further away and not that low. Like this:
vams-help-01.jpg
vams-help-02.jpg

The audio "pop" when a dialog shows up will notify the player that a dialog has appeared and if you keep it in a sweet spot, in VR, it's not hard to move your head a bit to follow the story.

Q2: I think you might be adding the plugin VAMStory AND VAMStoryActions on the same empty! Correct me if I'm wrong.
But you should do this:
  • Create another empty atom, and add VAMStoryActions on it... add your actions
  • In your story, in the group options, select that atom
This will result in that (with a VAMStoryActions with 2 buttons and a slider ) :
vams-help-03.jpg
vams-help-04.jpg

This only happens when you reach the answers. So you'll have to structure your dialog and story around that : )
You can find advanced demos using those features in HZMDemos if you want.

Q3: lol! You don't bother me, I'm here to help ;)

Are all these answers helpful to you?
Cheers!

hazmhox updated VAMStory with a new update entry:

Features & fixes

VAMStoryActions
  • Added a Slider Big type action (it's exactly the same as the normal slider, but big)
  • Added Do not execute triggers at start for the toggle types. This will prevent firing the triggers when the scene loading is finished requiring the user to interact with them.
  • Changed the error message when you're using on/off, enable/disable, slider value triggers if the action ID is obsolete. This will help you out debug the scene faster...

Read the rest of this update entry...

lol! Don't be sorry! Your english is awesome!
I just want to be sure that we understand each other to answer your questions properly :)

Q1: Ok I see what you mean by your shot. For this case, there is nothing the can code do to improve that, I think that's more a UI/UX design or choice you have to make for your scene.

The angle you have chosen is pretty hard for a nice "visual feeling". You are kind of assuming that the player has to read AND look at the girl at the same time. But I think you're not forced to do that.

You can push the UI a bit further away and not that low. Like this:
View attachment 219901 View attachment 219902
The audio "pop" when a dialog shows up will notify the player that a dialog has appeared and if you keep it in a sweet spot, in VR, it's not hard to move your head a bit to follow the story.

Q2: I think you might be adding the plugin VAMStory AND VAMStoryActions on the same empty! Correct me if I'm wrong.
But you should do this:
  • Create another empty atom, and add VAMStoryActions on it... add your actions
  • In your story, in the group options, select that atom
This will result in that (with a VAMStoryActions with 2 buttons and a slider ) :
View attachment 219903 View attachment 219904

This only happens when you reach the answers. So you'll have to structure your dialog and story around that : )
You can find advanced demos using those features in HZMDemos if you want.

Q3: lol! You don't bother me, I'm here to help ;)

Are all these answers helpful to you?
Cheers!

Hello.
Thanks for your kind reply.

I understood your explanation for Q1 and Q2.
Fundamentally, I was able to notice that it was your unintended usage.
Your point in Q1 is correct. It's because I was thinking mainly of Desktop users.

Q2 will test the compositional ability of the creators, so I need to train myself.
In my case, I create an animation by dividing the entire composition into several blocks,
but the middle part of each block tends to be the point where action is needed to get the excitement going.

It's a plug-in with infinite possibilities, so I'll try it out.
I'm looking forward to it.

Sorry to bother you.

Sorry to bother you.

You're lucky I have japanese people in my family, and that I know you are really respectful and kind people always apologizing ;)
You are most welcome <3

For Q1, if your intended target is the desktop. Then you could disable the automatic rotation and position the UI yourself manually : )
vams-help-05.jpg

For Q2, don't fixate on the way the plugin is divided (groups and dialogs). If you're subdividing with a the middle block being the one you control. Then you can divide a dialog in two parts (two groups), and add the actions in the middle. There's nothing preventing you to do that : D

You're lucky I have japanese people in my family, and that I know you are really respectful and kind people always apologizing ;)
You are most welcome <3

For Q1, if your intended target is the desktop. Then you could disable the automatic rotation and position the UI yourself manually : )
View attachment 220148

For Q2, don't fixate on the way the plugin is divided (groups and dialogs). If you're subdividing with a the middle block being the one you control. Then you can divide a dialog in two parts (two groups), and add the actions in the middle. There's nothing preventing you to do that : D

Thanks for your frequent answers.
That's exactly the functionality I was looking for.
I touched it a little when it was Ver1 of the plugin, and I didn't understand the difference well, so I thought it was that kind of specification.
The problem is my lack of English ability. Hahahaha.:)
I was able to do it as I like with the function that I was taught safely.

As an aside, I was so impressed with the way you contributed to the community through this great plugin that I began contributing resources.
So I have a special feeling for the scenes that use this plugin.

thanks so much.

As an aside, I was so impressed with the way you contributed to the community through this great plugin that I began contributing resources.
So I have a special feeling for the scenes that use this plugin.

thanks so much.

💕 💕 Thank you so very much for that! That's the best compliment I ever got. Motivating someone to contribute to VaM through a plugin is :love:
I can't wait to see what you come up with next hiro!

Is there a way to to save say groups so they can be ported over to other scenes?

Edit: For example your demo scenes set up for Vam Dialogue. Could I say save the file to reopen in a different a scene?

Last edited:
hi! It is amazing plugin and job for me. Could you show me a right way to do.
I do this:
1. Add new dialog
2. Write history text
3. Change pose, clothes, appearence, etc
4. Add action StorePresetWithName type name for each pose, clothes ...
5. Press test button
6. Change action LoadPresetWithName (name cleared) again type name like in 4 for each ...
7. Press done button
Is it possible do UI with button to save changes or current state with checkboxes pose, clothes, appearance instead of iterations in 4 and 5 or my way is wrong?
Automatic Name for custom preset can be getted from dialog/group number.
Thank you.

Features and fixes

General
  • Handled timers for all triggers in all plugins (Story, Actions, Director), allowing you to... well... use the timers :D

The system is optimized to reduce the number of timers called every frame, so you won't be able to use the test button. You will have to trigger it though the plugin UI or trigger it manually.

Tools
  • Added the tools folder with misc mini-scripts to allow easier scripting of complex story scenes...

Features & improvements

Tools
  • VAMSFovController: Added Enable/Disable FOV, which will prevent the FOV to change if you're changing "FOV Value". Also added Force FOV Value which will change the FOV even if it is in disabled state.
  • VAMSVFXEditor: Added this new tool allowing to control scale, opacity, color and particle size on some common VFX packs (like the awesome packs made by @Farger or @Xstatic)
    • This is not a...

@hazmhox Awesome! Do you think this will work with the fog package?

Why not! I think it should, I've tested quite a bit of VFX here and there but not the fogs.
And don't see why not besides if Xstatic did a funky stuff with these : D

Why not! I think it should, I've tested quite a bit of VFX here and there but not the fogs.
And don't see why not besides if Xstatic did a funky stuff with these : D

Sweet, it works great for the fog!
Only thing I noticed is it is a bit wonky sometimes with being active or not. When you reload the asset or chose another asset, I need to reload the plugin.
Works perfect though!

Sweet, it works great for the fog!
Only thing I noticed is it is a bit wonky sometimes with being active or not. When you reload the asset or chose another asset, I need to reload the plugin.
Works perfect though!

Can you show a video of that "wonky" effect? :p
Yup that's normal, I'm loosing the asset if you change the CUA. I could force reload the plugin to compensate or try to "re-grab" the new one... this could be possible. All my VFX editor with CUAs are working like this tho!

Can you show a video of that "wonky" effect? :p
Yup that's normal, I'm loosing the asset if you change the CUA. I could force reload the plugin to compensate or try to "re-grab" the new one... this could be possible. All my VFX editor with CUAs are working like this tho!

That is the only wonky thing, in hindsight not really that wonky lol. Not a big deal, I don't have much experience working with CUAs really 😂
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom