VAMOverlays

Plugins VAMOverlays

Good Day! I'm stuck right now trying to get the plugin to work on my own atoms right now..

When I add the plugin to an existing atom from a scene where its working, it shows up fine, with no errors.. when I try and add the plugin
to my own collision trigger, I keep getting an error, and it doesn't want to show the UI that It normally should. I've been looking for a couple hours now if anyone had a solution but I cant find anything.

I really wanna enjoy your plugin, Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    260.3 KB · Views: 0
Good Day! I'm stuck right now trying to get the plugin to work on my own atoms right now..

When I add the plugin to an existing atom from a scene where its working, it shows up fine, with no errors.. when I try and add the plugin
to my own collision trigger, I keep getting an error, and it doesn't want to show the UI that It normally should. I've been looking for a couple hours now if anyone had a solution but I cant find anything.

I really wanna enjoy your plugin, Thanks in advance!

The error is pretty explicit :)
"Please add VAMOverlays on an empty atom".

VAMOverlays has to be added only one time in a scene, and it has to be done on an empty atom.
From there, you will be able to use it normally.

VAMOverlays has to be added only one time in a scene, and it has to be done on an empty atom.

I was being dumb and didn't know what an empty atom was lmao, I figured it out. Thank you!

I'm wondering if this has ever been pointed out and whether it is a bug.
When I have vamoverlays already set up in a scene, if I hide the screen by pressing "m" and press "m" again to unhide, the scene shows only black. Turning the Overlays atom on and off does nothing, only by going to the overlay options and pressing "test fade out" does it come back to normal.
It's not something that I would expect; a bug maybe?

I'm wondering if this has ever been pointed out and whether it is a bug.
When I have vamoverlays already set up in a scene, if I hide the screen by pressing "m" and press "m" again to unhide, the scene shows only black. Turning the Overlays atom on and off does nothing, only by going to the overlay options and pressing "test fade out" does it come back to normal.
It's not something that I would expect; a bug maybe?

happend to me too. in case it's a bug something like this should help to trigger stuff based on monitor on/off

bool monitorActive;
public override void Init() {
monitorActive = SuperController.singleton.IsMonitorRigActive;
}

void Update() {
if(monitorActive != SuperController.singleton.IsMonitorRigActive){
monitorActive = SuperController.singleton.IsMonitorRigActive;

if(monitorActive){
SuperController.LogMessage("Monitor enabled");
} else {
SuperController.LogMessage("Monitor disabled");
}
}
}

Was wondering if the option to have an avatar like in VAMStory could be a possibility to have next to a subtitle? This would be trigger based.
No idea how insane this request is :)

I'm having issues getting this to work in VR as well. It definitely worked before but now I get no response from the overlay triggers but only in VR. Now that I am looking at it post magic isn't working in VR either... what the heck is going on? Sorry false alarm. I fixed it.

Last edited:
Is there any way to get the subtitles to work/show when viewing from WindowCamera? I'm trying to get title fade in/out but they don't appear when viewing from an animated WindowCamera...

A head's up for a bug when using VAMOverlays:
- If you start your scene with VAMOverlays disabled - something you may do while developing a scene - and have a list of triggers in a button for example where there is a call for VAMOverlays, the triggers after the one to VAMOverlays may become unreliable.
❕ To avoid this always keep VAMOverlays enabled.

I don't think I understand it still, sorry for necro but if I put it on a freshly created atom (the basis female one) it still gives me the error. I feel dumb now..

I don't think I understand it still, sorry for necro but if I put it on a freshly created atom (the basis female one) it still gives me the error. I feel dumb now..
You need to use the plugin on a empty atom (atom list > Misc > Empty atom).

Back
Top Bottom