• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

VAMOverlays

Plugins VAMOverlays 6

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

VAMOverlays - A plugin allowing you to create fade in, fade out, subtitles and text on the main camera.

A plugin allowing you to create fade in, fade out, subtitles and text on the main camera.

View attachment 15535

I wanted to release something for halloween, but I had so much work to make it perfect that I think I'll release it later... it has everything! A scary clone, new hero powers and poses, but well hey... I prefer to do the things right.

Talking about doing things right... let's talk about VAMOverlays. This is what I'm releasing for your halloween...

Read more about this resource...

hazmhox updated VAMOverlays with a new update entry:

QoL updates

A few quality of life tweaks and updates.
  • Tweaked the VR distance for a more comfortable experience
  • Added the possibility to fade out instantly (cut to black)
  • Added the possibility to fade in instantly (cut to scene)
For the VR distance... offsets and size have changed internally. Since you only control one size which is updating using a ratio for VR... always keep in mind that if you are making a VR friendly + desktop friendly experience, you need to verify your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

QoL erratum

Erratum : Forgot to upload the demos.

A few quality of life tweaks and updates.
  • Tweaked the VR distance for a more comfortable experience
  • Added the possibility to fade out instantly (cut to black)
  • Added the possibility to fade in instantly (cut to scene)
  • Updated the advanced demos to the new version of the plugin.
For the VR distance... offsets and size have changed internally. Since you only control one size converted using a ratio for VR... always keep in...

where do you add text, set the duration and speed at? I'm looking at the plugin on the demo already

Hey, great plugin! Did you end up writing the guide for this?

I'm interested in knowing what tags are available, from the demos I gather at least <b> works, are there any others?

Last edited:
Hey, great plugin! Did you end up writing the guide for this?

I'm interested in knowing what tags are available, from the demos I gather at least <b> works, are there any others?

Ho sorry no! Not yet. I was kinda overwhelmed by different stuffs, I still have to do it, but the demo covers more or less all the possibilities of the plugin.
Here is the list :
- <b>
- <i>
- <size=50>text</size> ( may produce some strange results )
- <color=#ff0000ff>text</color> ( hexa decimal code with alpha )

You can find more informations about rich text here.
I hope it answers your question :)

I can't seem to figure it out either...

The demo shows everything and how to control the triggers.
More or less, everything happens in triggers. Look in the demo, the animation tab, you'll see all the triggers and parameters applied to the text and overlays.

If you still have trouble, explain me your exact goal, I'll help you : )

New features, bug fixes, Timeline 5 beta implementation

It is a blast to collaborate with awesome creators of this community. @Acid Bubbles worked on several fixes, new features and the future Timeline 5 implementation for VAMOverlays.

Timeline 5 is still in beta and only available to patreons, but you can already benefit from several new features even if you are not using Timeline.
  • Simplified / Reduced code
  • Fixed several issues
  • Changed default size of the font to 18
  • Customizable duration and cross fade...

Well I also struggled a bit to find where to configure this.
It can be because I never use the Scene animations and MOCAP ^^

For those wondering, you've got to go there:
  1. Click on the "Main UI" icon (first icon of the UI)
  2. Then click on the "Scene animation" tab
  3. Then go to the "Triggers" tab
  4. Then play with the animation triggers! Click on the "Actions..." buttons to see what each step does in the demo.
1629245125050.png

The animation will start by itself if you load the scene in "Play mode". Not in "Edit mode", but you can still launch it manually by clicking on the "Play" icon.
1629245901971.png

@hazmhox, it might be a good idea to include a little "how to" before the full guide :p

Btw I haven't played with it yet, but I intend to! It sure looks great and has potential!
I'll review it after I've tried it out more ;)

@haroldwithlove
is it possible for us to import any font through ttf files?

Nope. I mean, I could imagine a way to load custom assetbundles, but you cannot use fonts directly. Fonts are "baked" in Unity. It converts them to something that the engine can use... so you can't just feed a ttf file.

@ZRSX Yeah, I still have to make a tiny documentation like you did, but going from project to project, I kinda forget about it haha.
I'll do a simple guide to explain how to use and read the demos like you did, that's clever : )

I take it this does not work on the window camera? I have tried but nothing is working for me.

Thank you for another excellent plugin @hazmhox
I only started recently working with it, using the demos to get started. Today I noticed something weird on a scene I'm making when I changed to a different typeface. I had all set and working with the default Arial, and later I decided to try using Poppins instead. Saved the scene, opened it again, but then the text does not show. If I change it back to Arial it will load fine.
I'll try using this on a different scene to see if it's a bug for real.

Thank you again 🤩

Thank you for another excellent plugin @hazmhox
I only started recently working with it, using the demos to get started. Today I noticed something weird on a scene I'm making when I changed to a different typeface. I had all set and working with the default Arial, and later I decided to try using Poppins instead. Saved the scene, opened it again, but then the text does not show. If I change it back to Arial it will load fine.
I'll try using this on a different scene to see if it's a bug for real.

Thank you again 🤩

Thank you atani :)

You may be facing an issue where the font size is actually bigger and might be hidden because of the size you're using.
Try to set a different size when you swap the font to see if it appears.

In worst case scenario, send me a test case so that I can try to debug it.

Hi @hazmhox

I tried it in a (almost) vanilla VAM, making a new scene from the default scene, and the issue exists when choosing a different typeface from Arial.
I'm attaching 2 versions of the scene where the only difference is the typeface chosen - Overlay atom is where the plugin is loaded. Arial works, poppins shows no text; text size is default 18.
I also tried another choice but the result was the same as poppins.

Thank you for looking into this.

Attachments

• arial.json
    126.6 KB · Views: 0
  • poppins.json
    126.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi @hazmhox

I tried it in a (almost) vanilla VAM, making a new scene from the default scene, and the issue exists when choosing a different typeface from Arial.
I'm attaching 2 versions of the scene where the only difference is the typeface chosen - Overlay atom is where the plugin is loaded. Arial works, poppins shows no text; text size is default 18.
I also tried another choice but the result was the same as poppins.

Thank you for looking into this.

I think I know why, I have to investigate a bit more, but I think there is an issue with the load timing of the asset bundle.
I never had this issue because I always set the font type at the beginning of the scene.

You can fix it to by doing this :
- Let the font to Arial in the main configuration.
- Add a "Change subtitles font" to whatever you want before showing your overlays whenever you want in your scene (beginning, or during playthrough).

Yeap! This is only made for the player camera : )
That said, I thought @Acid Bubbles did try to make it compatible for the window camera but I may be mistaken.
Thanks for reply. I figured out how to make other cams anyway but it seems I'm having trouble with subs not showing up after loading the scene from start.

Thanks for reply. I figured out how to make other cams anyway but it seems I'm having trouble with subs not showing up after loading the scene from start.
I also had issues of subtitles not showing, this when the typeface is different from Arial. Check hazmhox reply today on a workaround.

You can fix it to by doing this :
- Let the font to Arial in the main configuration.
- Add a "Change subtitles font" to whatever you want before showing your overlays whenever you want in your scene (beginning, or during playthrough).
Just tried that and it works 🤩

Thank you
🙇‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom