VAMLaunch (VAMSync) + Timeline Workaround

ajtrader23

Reactions
Back in Summer 2020, @hazmhox posted an update to VAMLaunch that provided better functionality to the original code. But what was missing was the ability to sync up with Acid's Timeline plugin.

While it's possible he might still be able to wire this up, I think the VAMLaunch/VamSync project is still officially dead as no one has taken up it's support. I can't, I'm no coder, I just know enough to break things. So... after trying to fix it and failing, I realized that there is a clever workaround - controlling AnimationPatterns (which work great with the VAMSync plugin) by using trigger actions in Timeline.

Here's what I did. If there is enough interest I might put my prefab scene all wired up on Patreon. I've put hours and hours into this, so maybe someone would be willing to donate for my time).

PREREQUISITES:
1. You are successful in using VAMLaunch/VAMSync with AnimationPatterns (Motion Source: Pattern)
2. You know how to use the newest version of Timeline.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Add Timeline plugins to both the Person and AnimationPattern atoms.
2. Create a new animation that is named "Reset" and on both atoms.
3. Add a trigger to the Person atom.
4. Wire the trigger by adding a few Start Actions
a. Receiver Atom: Animation Pattern; Receiver: AnimationPattern; Receiver Target: play
b. Set Speed (this will be a placeholder, leave default)
c. Loop
d. Loop Once
5. You should now have something that looks like this:
View attachment 69852

View attachment 69853

6. Copy the Reset animation (both atoms) and rename it to something like "thrust/1"
7. Edit the new animation's actions in the trigger: disable the "Loop Once" enabled trigger (uncheck the box next to it shown above). Then edit the Set Speed action to make it interesting (this is where we can make the AnimationPattern complicated and customized): set speed to 0.5; enabled Use Timer and Use Second Point; Set the second point to 3.0; save your settings.

At this point you can now play this animation. Of course if you didn't hook up the AnimationPattern to the Person (hip recommended), nothing will happen until you do (and make sure the HipControl is On in the Person Atom).

From here, sky's the limit. Make thrust/1 60 seconds, and copy/paste that trigger1 and make changes to it after 5 seconds, 10 seconds, etc. Keep one thing in mind - whatever you set the Timer for in the trigger actions - make sure you don't add a new keyframe until after that time. For example, here is a 70 second animation with keyframes timed 10 seconds apart, and each keyframe has a timer in there for 10 seconds of changing the speed.

ADVANCED: can you also add actions that control the EaseIn times within the AnimationPattern points. This is how you can control the quality of the trust itself, not just the speed.

I have no idea how many people here are using this tech, but I have to say if you aren't... you should.

I'll have to try this! Sounds clever! I often wondered if maye I could figure out some way of creating some atom that track a certain atom and make it an animation pattern or something since VAM Launch tracks animation patterns the most accurately. Here's a problem I'm having recently though...I can't even get VAM Sync to work anymore. I had used it for frankly, a couple years now and just a couple weeks ago, it won't work.

The plugin loads, says it has established a connection and you can watch as the plugin tracks movement. As far as the VAM Sync application, I connect up my Handy to it just like usual and it connects to it in the data log.

But it doesn't move the toy at all now! I don't get it, I have it Unpaused in VAM so it should be following the tracking...Have you had any issue recently with this? Mine literally worked last week.

Back in Summer 2020, @hazmhox posted an update to VAMLaunch that provided better functionality to the original code. But what was missing was the ability to sync up with Acid's Timeline plugin.

While it's possible he might still be able to wire this up, I think the VAMLaunch/VamSync project is still officially dead as no one has taken up it's support. I can't, I'm no coder, I just know enough to break things. So... after trying to fix it and failing, I realized that there is a clever workaround - controlling AnimationPatterns (which work great with the VAMSync plugin) by using trigger actions in Timeline.

Here's what I did. If there is enough interest I might put my prefab scene all wired up on Patreon. I've put hours and hours into this, so maybe someone would be willing to donate for my time).

PREREQUISITES:
1. You are successful in using VAMLaunch/VAMSync with AnimationPatterns (Motion Source: Pattern)

INSTRUCTIONS:
a. Receiver Atom: Animation Pattern; Receiver: AnimationPattern; Receiver Target: play
c. Loop
d. Loop Once
View attachment 69852

View attachment 69853

6. Copy the Reset animation (both atoms) and rename it to something like "thrust/1"
7. Edit the new animation's actions in the trigger: disable the "Loop Once" enabled trigger (uncheck the box next to it shown above). Then edit the Set Speed action to make it interesting (this is where we can make the AnimationPattern complicated and customized): set speed to 0.5; enabled Use Timer and Use Second Point; Set the second point to 3.0; save your settings.

At this point you can now play this animation. Of course if you didn't hook up the AnimationPattern to the Person (hip recommended), nothing will happen until you do (and make sure the HipControl is On in the Person Atom).

From here, sky's the limit. Make thrust/1 60 seconds, and copy/paste that trigger1 and make changes to it after 5 seconds, 10 seconds, etc. Keep one thing in mind - whatever you set the Timer for in the trigger actions - make sure you don't add a new keyframe until after that time. For example, here is a 70 second animation with keyframes timed 10 seconds apart, and each keyframe has a timer in there for 10 seconds of changing the speed.

ADVANCED: can you also add actions that control the EaseIn times within the AnimationPattern points. This is how you can control the quality of the trust itself, not just the speed.

I have no idea how many people here are using this tech, but I have to say if you aren't... you should.

Can you please share this scene ? This looks awesome !

Can you please share this scene ? This looks awesome !

Thanks! I'm not sure I'm comfortable sharing this publicly. I've also been considering a Patreon, but I have no idea of people would be willing to actually pay me for my work (would be nice though). I probably put about 100 hours of work in this (yikes).

Thanks! I'm not sure I'm comfortable sharing this publicly. I've also been considering a Patreon, but I have no idea of people would be willing to actually pay me for my work (would be nice though). I probably put about 100 hours of work in this (yikes).
Do you have any idea on how to allow VAMLaunch/VamSync to be able to track multiple body parts? Like, for instance, a scene where there is a boobjob and a handjob, being able to make it respond to BOTH actions whenever one sex act is being done? Likewise, any workable way to have it track two separate person atoms so that if you have two female person atoms and both trade off giving you a handjob you can set it up so that it recognizes when each are doing it? This is the biggest issue for me at the moment

Do you have any idea on how to allow VAMLaunch/VamSync to be able to track multiple body parts? Like, for instance, a scene where there is a boobjob and a handjob, being able to make it respond to BOTH actions whenever one sex act is being done? Likewise, any workable way to have it track two separate person atoms so that if you have two female person atoms and both trade off giving you a handjob you can set it up so that it recognizes when each are doing it? This is the biggest issue for me at the moment

The one workaround I can think of is to have multiple instances of the plugin associated with the atom, and then use either Timeline (if it's possible) or manual buttons to enable/disable each plugin as the action arises. For example, you could have a UI with a button that says "boobjob", which activates both the timeline or animationpattern of the act, and a trigger on that button that both enables the VAMLaunch/VamSync for boobjob and DISABLES the one for handjob. And then create a second button with the handjob.

Even easier would be a single toggle button that switches up between the two states.

If one of the two devs, @Acid Bubbles or @hazmhox were willing to make some minor tweaks, we would have full control within Timeline for the position of the device and all of this would be moot. I wish I could code.

Hmm interesting! Ok that seems like a good deal of effort for a noob like myself, but I'll check it out! So is this hypthetical or do you know that creating a toggle button to activate/deactivate separate instances works?

Woah looks like Blazedust may have just answered our prayers here. Just released a VAM Launch + Serial Toy Controller merge plugin to automatically pick up the movement from a scene. Let's test it out

PREREQUISITES:

INSTRUCTIONS:
c. Loop
d. Loop Once
View attachment 69852

View attachment 69853

Hello, Can you please re-share the attachments/screenshots , as they are not available ?
thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom