Solved VamHub Resource search limited to 10 pages

lederp123

Reactions
I just wanted to know if its normal for the VAM Hub (website) resource search to be limited to 10 pages regardless of what I search for? Even if I leave it blank so it searches for everything it will always cap at 10 pages. Is there a way to change this?

Solution
This is the way those "boards" work to optimize huge requests. You could kill a server by doing a broad text search in a huge database.

Refine your research, choose carefully your keywords and select your tags and/or your categories in the advanced research. If you're actually "searching" something, if you're on page 5, you're already too far and your research terms are not precise enough.

And if you go beyond page 5, it just mean you're browsing. You should then use the categories themselves to browse through content.
This is the way those "boards" work to optimize huge requests. You could kill a server by doing a broad text search in a huge database.

Refine your research, choose carefully your keywords and select your tags and/or your categories in the advanced research. If you're actually "searching" something, if you're on page 5, you're already too far and your research terms are not precise enough.

And if you go beyond page 5, it just mean you're browsing. You should then use the categories themselves to browse through content.

Upvote 0
Solution
As @hazmhox pointed out, the server has a limit for what it can handle as far as search requests. We have the number of results set at the highest recommended number, which I believe is ~200 results.

I have marked your question solved. :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom