VAC files? where do they go?

virtamater

Reactions
Im wondering where to put these.. and where would you add custom eye textures? I know that VaM comes with some 50ish in the iris settings.. but I have some from other sources id like to try and add..

Im wondering where to put these.. and where would you add custom eye textures?
old .vac package should go inside saves/scene

eye textures (or skin/makeup/decal/tattoo...etc) should go inside custom/atom/person/textures (you can add sub-folders for better organization)
it's default path browser opens when you wanna load custom textures (for person)

Thanks! The eye files I have look like this.. It doesnt seem like they are in the standard format to switch the texture though and I cant find in VaM where the defalt iris are to change the images i have to match them ... In the VaM wiki there is section that lists the extra 50 or so eyes from the Daz models. Im looking to import the extra eyes in that section because I cant seem to lacate another section that changes them.. Are these something that I can swap within some of the hunting succubus eyes instead? I got a bunch of these from a She Will Punish them mod and Shoujo AI.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
Actually.. I figured out how to use these.. For anyone who didn't already know.. In the eye textures under the section of main texture. Click Null. then swap out the one you want just like adding a decal. when you reload it. the default one will be in there if you didn't want to change it permanently. use it this way to save a look and not goof around with the default perminent eye configs :) Thanks for all who helped :) Something still weird tho.. the texture is still masked in someway by something.. Like in 2.jpg is the texture. but how it shows up is 3.jpg... what is needed to fully see the texture?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yes, that's how you load custom textures, but no need to press "null" if you gonna replace it anyway.
Use "null" on stuff you don't wanna (example builtin spectex, glosstex, bumbmap) otherwise "clear" option works on non-builtin stuff.
If you set specular int. at "0" or SpecTex to "null" than extra colorization/mask should disappear.

Worth looking into global illumination filter setting (or scene lighting illum master intensity)
it could cause extra color shift (also make sure iris color is white and diffuse offset at 0).

If something looks cut or not centered you can use X/Y offsets to try aligning image or tile X/Y to change size.
That example image for iris/screla is bit low res (512x512) maybe try more highres one 2-4k?

After overlaying UV over it, it looks a bit of center to me? but i am not texture expert

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom