Question uibutton help

ChampionWhisky

Reactions
I'm trying to figure out how to align the uibuttons perfectly without painstakingly eyeing them in to place. I've also seen some creators bulk 50 buttons into 1 atom as well. One comes to mind is sxs4. How do I do this without giving myself an aneurysm?

If you have buttons that are similar (do the same thing but for multiple items) you might want to try my dynamic triggers plugin, I made that to avoid having to make billions of buttons. I use it in my AEStudio scene for example to do hundreds of poses, music, images with just a few buttons

Otherwise one way to do dozens of them very quickly is by editing the json directly. Do just a couple and save. Then edit the json and calculate the difference on the x/y axis, then copy paste and keep adding to x/y position.

You can also duplicate them with Keybindings, add a shortcut to copy/paste atoms, and then just add on x/y axis directly in VaM

Upvote 0
And most important: you have a "move" tab on every atom in VaM. So you can perfectly align everything to everything ;)

Upvote 0
Use PowerHandles (part of Essentials)
Hold left CTRL + SPACE while moving to align to the 3D grid, the same you get from the move tab. Grid size can be adjusted in the plugin settings.
Hold left ALT + SPACE for rotational grid (e.g. rotating in 30 or 45 deg increments)

Combined with the mentioned KeyBindings to duplicate atoms, you can work very quickly.

Upvote 0
So ive done as youve said and its worked for the most part. creating fast uibuttons and aligning them perfectly. one thing i cant seem to do (might be a bit dense im new to this) is get them to all move together on 1 green square. so if i have 1,2,3,4 that all trigger the next stage in an animation, they still work independantly but selecting that green square and moving it around now moves all the numbers.

i understand that i can parent them all to one atom and move them all that way but ive seen in SXS4's animations they can all be done in the way i mentioned above. unless i parent them and then hide the green square somehow.

edit: ive looked in his scenes and they are indeed hidden but still not parented

Last edited:
Upvote 0
edit: ive looked in his scenes and they are indeed hidden but still not parented
Don't know the scene(s) you mean but possibly it could be using a parent-link or physics-link rather than just parenting?

It's all on the same tab:

Upvote 0
Don't know the scene(s) you mean but possibly it could be using a parent-link or physics-link rather than just parenting?

It's all on the same tab:

you were spot on. ive got scenes working exactly how i want them to now

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom