• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question uhhh....what do you do with .rar files? (noob here)

simian77

Reactions
What do you do with these zipped .rar files? Extracting them to addon packages does not seem to be it...help please

when you download a scene or look ect. put the rar file (type VAR file) into Addonpackages without extracting it.
if its a zip (type VAC file) you extract the files Saves and Custom to VAM folder's Saves and Custom

Upvote 0
Make sure you did not fall for this issue where your web-browser mistakenly auto-renames VAR files to RAR or ZIP:

TL;DR : If its actually a VAR file, make sure its named ".var" and don't extract it.

Upvote 0
when you download a scene or look ect. put the rar file (type VAR file) into Addonpackages without extracting it.
if its a zip (type VAC file) you extract the files Saves and Custom to VAM folder's Saves and Custom

Sorry to revive this, but this didn't work for me. I don't think i understand what you mean about a rar file being a VAR file type. Wouldn't it be a rar file type? How can it be a VAR file type if it has a different extension?

Upvote 0
Sorry to revive this, but this didn't work for me. I don't think i understand what you mean about a rar file being a VAR file type. Wouldn't it be a rar file type? How can it be a VAR file type if it has a different extension?
See my post above. File may have been mistakenly renamed. Causes a lot of confusion.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom