• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Question Trying to create button that moves an existing collision trigger to head of Person

CaveGentleman

Reactions
I have a subscene with a button that, when pressed, uploads plugin presets to Person and Person#2. The subscene also contains 2 collision triggers that turn off/on certain plugins of Person and Person#2 when triggered. I would like the aforementioned button to include a command that moves the collision triggers to the location of Person and Person#2's respective heads (or head controls), and after that, lock the position and rotation states to said heads as parent links. I've spent a few hours trying to figure this out myself to no avail.

Is this possible? If so, any tips? If not, any workarounds? The goal is to not have to move and link the collision triggers manually. I feel like there may be an existing plugin out there that I can jerry-rig to achieve the desired outcome, but I can't pinpoint which. Thank you in advance.

Additional facts:
  • Person and Person#2 are not included in the subscene. The functionality of the button depends on there being two person atoms being named Person and Person#2.
  • The button works well in loading and activating the plugin presets.

If I’m correctly understanding what you’re trying to do, I think Acid Bubble’s Rubberleash plugin should do what you want. Just add the plugin to the collision trigger and once you use the plugin’s settings to attach it to the head control have your button change its weight from 0 to 1. You can add a second instance of the plugin attached to its original location if you need to move it back with a button, just alternate the weights between 0 and 1 between the two instances.

Upvote 0
you’re trying to do, I think Acid Bubble’s Rubberleash plugin should do what you want. Just add the plugin to the collision trigger and once you use the plugin’s settings to attach it to the head control have your button change its weight from 0 to 1. You can add a second instance of the plugin attached to its original location if you need to move it back with a button, just alternat
OoooOoo this seems right. I'ma give this a try and report back. Thanks Daedalus!

Upvote 0
If I’m correctly understanding what you’re trying to do, I think Acid Bubble’s Rubberleash plugin should do what you want. Just add the plugin to the collision trigger and once you use the plugin’s settings to attach it to the head control have your button change its weight from 0 to 1. You can add a second instance of the plugin attached to its original location if you need to move it back with a button, just alternate the weights between 0 and 1 between the two instances.
Hell yeah, that did the trick. Thanks again Daedalus!!
And, in case he comes across this, thanks Acid Bubbles!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom