Troubleshoot: Unable To Connect To Remote Server

Fleboch17

Reactions
Hi All,

New account, new setup. Pasted VaM download into a folder on desktop. I run the application for the updater and get this error message.

I can not for the life of me find any threads on this. Can anyone helop?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Don't place it on Desktop or any special permissions folder. This warning is in bold in the Patreon page you got VaM_updater from.

Don't place it on Desktop or any special permissions folder. This warning is in bold in the Patreon page you got VaM_updater from.
ah.. I did see that and didn't know Desktop would be wrong. I hate asking this, but what folders dont have special permissions attached to them.. really dumb i know.

A new folder in C:\, D:\, or whatever other partitions you have, is usually fine.
Not good (special folders):
  • Program Files/...
  • Users/...
  • Windows/...
Desktop is in Users, like Downloads, etc.

Thank you for explaining that. I just extracted the zip into a new file folder on my spare D drive, and I ge tthe same error message. Any other ideas?

Can you redownload the zip file and extract vam_updater.exe to the new folder again? Also, check your Firewall and anti-virus to allow it to run.

Last edited:
No luck.. I have repeated this process 3 times just to make sure. All clean deletes and installs. Any idea why it might not be connecting to servers?

I even turned my firewall off.

No idea, never had that problem.
Try the official Discord, the mods there may get back to you faster with more options.

It could be a problem with the download server you're trying to connect to. When on the planet are you? If you have access to a VPN, try connecting to a different continent (so you get matched with a different server) and try again.

Back
Top Bottom