Question Triggered Positioning

rernat

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
rernat
Hi,
I'm working on a scene in which a person moves a toy or an asset. After that the player can interact with the toy and move it around.
But I want to include a "reset"-trigger which brings the toy back to its original position.
With person atoms I'm able to do so using poses. I can also save a pose for the toy but its not posible to load this "toy"-pose by a trigger.
Anyone any idea?

Check out this, which might help. Girl picking up the fleshlight asset. Position is reset in relation to the hand when the ParentHoldLink plugin is enabled.

Beta version of the scene has been released here:

Upvote 0
Hey MacGruber, thx for reply. Yeah I did animations like this before. But lets say you want her to release the fleshlight in the upper position and now you have to reset the scene (or just want to let her rise the toy again from starting point). You need the asset instandly placed back to the lower position where the grab-animation starts.

You could reload the complete animation but thats what I wanted to avoid.

Also touching her hand during the shown animation in loop could place the asset in another position for the next loop.
I found out that it is posible to safe a toy as a pose-preset where the position coordinates will be saved as well. And I'm also able to load the pose-preset of this toy to have it instantly at the saved coordinates. But I did not found out how to load the pose-preset of a toy by a trigger. For person atoms this is possible.

Upvote 0
I think I found a way to do it. Not perfect as it is animation driven but works.
I added @AcidBubbles Timeline Plug in to the assest.

Then make a 0.1 s long animation without loop. At the second point I move the assest to the coordinates I want it after reset (or other triggers). The first point may be the same thats irrelevant.

Now Important
: In More... -> Options... I check: "lock"

The animation of the asset now may be triggered and causes the asset to take in position at the desired coordinates within the scene. You may move it anywhere else after that but by triggering the timelineanimation it will reset its position. :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom