Question Preventing F1 (Toggle UI Bar) from changing Camera positioning?

BStarG2

Reactions
Hey guys.

So I've done a VAM refresh recently, new installation (again) and so on. It all works, all fine.

However, one thing I didn't have in my previous installation and now happens in my new one is this:

When I press F1 to Toggle (On and Off) the default bottom left UI Bar in any given Scene, the Camera (or rather I should say "Me", or what I see on screen) changes position to some degree, it seems to move the Camera positioning to the right of wherever I was. Pressing F1 again to re-activate the UI sets the Camera back to where it was (but again, pressing F1 to disable the UI Bar moves the Camera to the right).

Now here's the thing...

I DID have this behavior in my previous installation initially. But for some reason at some point over time maybe I did something (not sure what it was) but that behavior stopped entirely, and pressing F1 didn't change anything and the UI simply turned Off without the Camera changing position. I don't remember if it was maybe a Session Plugin that changed that behavior or if it was some option that I can't think of right now.

If you know how to prevent that F1 behavior please let me know, thanks.

Possibly this is about the "Use Monitor View and Focus Offset When UI is Open” setting in User Preferences / Misc tab?

The idea is that you still see your selected object (e.g. character) when you open the menu.

Upvote 0
Possibly this is about the "Use Monitor View and Focus Offset When UI is Open” setting in User Preferences / Misc tab?

The idea is that you still see your selected object (e.g. character) when you open the menu.

That's exactly what it was! Thank you very much sir.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom