Timeline plugin assembly reference error

btacoses

Reactions
I'm finally ready to start learning Timeline and am stuck at square one.

When I try to load the plugin, I get this error:

!> Compile of AcidBubbles.Timeline.218:/Custom/Scripts/AcidBubbles/Timeline/src/AtomPlugin.cs failed. Errors:
!> [CS246]: The type or namespace name `IAtomPlugin' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in <Unknown> at [11, 42]

When I go to Custom/Scripts, I didn't have an AcidBubbles folder there, so I tried unpacking the VAR and moving the files to the Custom folder. I'm currently on the most recent version of VaM, so per the ReadMe file on GitHub, I shouldn't need to do this, but since there is that <Unknown> tag, I figured what the hell. I then tried to attach AtomPlugin.cs from the new AcidBubbles folder and got this error:

!> Compile of Custom/Scripts/AcidBubbles/Timeline/src/AtomPlugin.cs failed. Errors:
!> [CS246]: The type or namespace name `IAtomPlugin' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in Custom/Scripts/AcidBubbles/Timeline/src/AtomPlugin.cs at [11, 42]

I do have IAtomPlugin.cs in Custom/Scripts/AcidBubbles/Timeline/src.

I don't know how to read code very well, but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the cs file.

I deleted the AcidBubbles folder and the VAR file, and downloaded Timeline again. The errors are the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yup, that's correct; var files are made to make it simple to use and reference plugins and assets, you're making your life more complicated than it should be :)

1. Download the .var files from Hub (GitHub is development stuff and _will_ be broken)
2. Place it in AddonPackages
3. Load VaM (or hit Reload Packages in the Packages Manage window if it already runs)
4. You can now add the VamTimeline.AtomPlugin.cslist file to add Timeline to an atom

If something's wrong, let me know what and I'll try to help!

Also, using var files means you'll be able to upgrade to newer version much more easily, as well as allow multiple versions so you can use scenes that might reference a different version.

Thanks for the help. It looks like the problem I was running into was only that I was using the wrong file. The guide I was using was slightly outdated and I made a wrong guess at which file to use. Now that I'm using AtomPlugin.cslist, it works. I'm surprised by how simple Timeline is once you get a sense of what each part of the interface does. This is an amazing plug in. It reminds me a lot of Adobe's interfaces.

Back
Top Bottom