Question timeline animation starting point(location)

davechan

Reactions
Hi everyone, I just started to learn how to use timeline a few ago. I am trying to make several animations with different starting locations for the characters in the scene, and I couldn't figure out how to do it. I've notice from scenes I've downloaded that creators can have characters in the scene spawn at different locations for each animation, for example: scenes with many animation loops, if I press UI button 1, animation 1 starts to play, and when I press UI button 2, animation 2 starts to play at a different location. (bed, floor, etc...)
But when I created several animations of my own, all animations plays at the same location. I tried to move my characters to a different location when I tried to make a new animation, but when I play the animation which I created prior, lets say I created my animation 1 with my characters at location X, then I move my character to location Y and start to make my animation 2. After I finished making my animation 2, when I play animation 1, I expect the characters will start with the animation at location X, but instead the characters stay at location Y. I tried to add "root control" atom to timeline, it did the trick to some degree, but looks like the characters are "dragged" very quickly from location X to location Y, and causes physics error and break poses, unlike from the scenes I've downloaded which the characters instantaneously spawn at the location. Can anyone help? thanks!

Best way to do that is to use "Pose" feature of timeline.
When you are done with your animation use "Use current pose / Overwrite pose",
and use "Apply pose on transition".
Do this for each animation :unsure:

Upvote 0
Best way to do that is to use "Pose" feature of timeline.
When you are done with your animation use "Use current pose / Overwrite pose",
and use "Apply pose on transition".
Do this for each animation :unsure:

Thanks for your help! I finally figured out how to do it :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom