The hands in VAM are probably the most realistic in all of VR

NutellaBrah

Reactions
Simply because you can cross your fingers.

Every other game, even boneworks and other major titles, though they might have realistic hands, if you try to bring them together they just collide.

In VAM they actually intersect.
That’s kind of a big deal, esspecially for immersion.

it’s weird I have been using VAM a long time and always used the blue and red circles for my hands and now setting up options for 1.19 I realized there are other hands lol they are awesome.

LOL, I agree. Been playing a VR game called VRParadise (vistual strip club) and the avatars hands are pretty bad quality and size compared to the rest of the game.

I use the Rift S and I do love my hands my fingers bend back to far. Pimax 8K+ due next week can wait to see what VAM looks likes.

I use the Rift S and I do love my hands my fingers bend back to far. Pimax 8K+ due next week can wait to see what VAM looks likes.
Please give us a review of the Pimax 8K when you get it.

I have been playing with the Pimax 8K+ for about a week. SteamVR games are great in some Oculus games the buttons do not work have posted the problems on two boards. In Vam I love the view I do not see any of the black like you are looking thru a tunnel, Also no distortions. I do not even see any SDE. Everything is clear. The models even look more real, even close up looks more real then before. colors are sharper and brighter. Looking at some of my old scenes The lighting was off. Turning down the range or the intensity fixed them. I use a lot of very light blue vs white light. The colors are just more powerful and real very happy with all the colors on all the atoms. A brown chair is a real brown chair without any tweaks.

The user interface works the same and I still have the finger problem. I had to re adjust the blue and red lines coming out from the hands. It is also harder to click on the right node and moving an atom is not as smooth. Might be I have to make smaller and slower hand movements very jerky at the moment. This may not make sense to you but it looks good but does not feel right. They shipped me the index controllers. I use a lot of button movement but the placement is wrong. the length of my thumb seems too long and I have to move my hand down to press a button. For some reason, there are two A's and B's buttons but work the same as before.

FYI I use an RTX 2070 Super. I have not tried my X plane. When I load VAM it starts SteamVR, with the Oculus I did not load SteamVR I would like to try to use the Oculus software and not the steamVR software but have not found a way to do it. I have not tried any animation as of yet. I was just starting to learn animation. I had sound problems I could not get background sounds to work for me but I could download scenes with sounds and they would work. I feel that I'm missing a step or two when leaning about sounds. (Oculus only) placing someone on the bed or chair or even a pose is a lot more difficult with the 8K+ not sure if it take time to get used to it or if it is something else. If you can afford it get it but keep your old set up. Right now it is a love-hate relationship with the 8K+. Still love the Rift S but have duck tape holding it together.

Last edited:
I have been playing with the Pimax 8K+ for about a week. SteamVR games are great in some Oculus games the buttons do not work have posted the problems on two boards. In Vam I love the view I do not see any of the black like you are looking thru a tunnel, Also no distortions. I do not even see any SDE. Everything is clear. The models even look more real, even close up looks more real then before. colors are sharper and brighter. Looking at some of my old scenes The lighting was off. Turning down the range or the intensity fixed them. I use a lot of very light blue vs white light. The colors are just more powerful and real very happy with all the colors on all the atoms. A brown chair is a real brown chair without any tweaks.

The user interface works the same and I still have the finger problem. I had to re adjust the blue and red lines coming out from the hands. It is also harder to click on the right node and moving an atom is not as smooth. Might be I have to make smaller and slower hand movements very jerky at the moment. This may not make sense to you but it looks good but does not feel right. They shipped me the index controllers. I use a lot of button movement but the placement is wrong. the length of my thumb seems too long and I have to move my hand down to press a button. For some reason, there are two A's and B's buttons but work the same as before.

FYI I use an RTX 2070 Super. I have not tried my X plane. When I load VAM it starts SteamVR, with the Oculus I did not load SteamVR I would like to try to use the Oculus software and not the steamVR software but have not found a way to do it. I have not tried any animation as of yet. I was just starting to learn animation. I had sound problems I could not get background sounds to work for me but I could download scenes with sounds and they would work. I feel that I'm missing a step or two when leaning about sounds. (Oculus only) placing someone on the bed or chair or even a pose is a lot more difficult with the 8K+ not sure if it take time to get used to it or if it is something else. If you can afford it get it but keep your old set up. Right now it is a love-hate relationship with the 8K+. Still love the Rift S but have duck tape holding it together.
Yes, I bought a Rift-S shortly after it was launched, and it's starting to get a bit tatty now. Lenovo products were always shoddy, and they made the Rift-S for Oculus. The facepad sponge started to peel off, so I've already replaced that with an aftermarket product. Now the fabric coverings on the headband front and rear foam pads are starting to come off. Again, I've got replacements on order for them. Only problem is the foam covering on the replacements is an imitation leather which is harder, so less comfortable than original.
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Pimax 8K. I think I'll be sticking with the Rift-S for a a while yet, unless it falls to bits completely.

Yes, I bought a Rift-S shortly after it was launched, and it's starting to get a bit tatty now. The face pad sponge started to peel off, so I've already replaced that with an aftermarket product. Now the fabric coverings on the headband front and rear foam pads are starting to come off. Again, I've got replacements on order for them. The only problem is the foam covering on the replacements is an imitation leather which is harder, so less comfortable than original.

The clips that hold the two pieces together the front piece with the larger back piece broke off so I have tape on both sides of the Rift S holding it together. I also got tired of all the updates that caused x plane not to load in VR. When I have time I will load the X plane but I think it will use SteamVR. I got the 8K+ because of the waiting list for the index was long and everyone was told it would take 8 weeks even after 4 weeks they said 8 weeks some people have waited over a year still being told they would get theirs in 8 weeks. From the time I put my order in tell I got it from China was a little over a month. It is a great system with bugs, I like VAM because it helps me with my stress (for over a year now) the 8K+ does increase the stress. but that is just me. So I hope to see other people try and post their views of the 8K+ It is a new company and lots of software upgrades will be coming as more people that have Oculus software use the 8K's. Most of what I read is from people comparing the 8K's with the index VR system. So I feel Pimax concentrated on marking those VR users.

Back
Top Bottom