The Fridge
I saved it "open". In theory it can open and close but requires a script to do so. I have not bothered to write the script. It was in response to a request for an open fridge by a forum member.
I guess I could make a second asset with the fridge closed so you could just swap between them.

I saved it "open". In theory it can open and close but requires a script to do so. I have not bothered to write the script. It was in response to a request for an open fridge by a forum member.
I guess I could make a second asset with the fridge closed so you could just swap between them.
Don't feel compelled to do anything on my part. You provided a free asset to the community, and it's much appreciated that you did so. I just know that if I put it in a scene the entire time I'm going to be thinking "go close the fridge!" ;-)

I get this error with the latest version.
1628589048586.png

nice work , just curious where you got the script , as i did a door script for heathers room , the script i used was originally from frief but modified .

It's mostly written by me, bits stolen from tips given to me by some others (Thanks MacGruber!, Also thanks to Hasmhox who wrote a nice tutorial) I also took some "inspiration" from the Blade Running Spinner/Aircar script for opening the doors on that.
I love the open nature of the scripts, you can just read through and try and understand how others did stuff. If you have any tips on how to improve it I would love to hear them.

It's mostly written by me, bits stolen from tips given to me by some others (Thanks MacGruber!, Also thanks to Hasmhox who wrote a nice tutorial) I also took some "inspiration" from the Blade Running Spinner/Aircar script for opening the doors on that.
I love the open nature of the scripts, you can just read through and try and understand how others did stuff. If you have any tips on how to improve it I would love to hear them.
yes that was me that did the BladeSpinner , your right i was the same with Friefs black van door script , it had taken me a few days to figure how it worked, i wanted to make it simple and be used with timeline , i think your version is great and works well , keep up the great work Jiraiya .

hey cool script !!.. but why are you dooing "this topdoor.GetComponent<Renderer>()" Stuff ??

The renderer allows you to do things that are not transforms, such as turning the object on and off and other renderer effects. I guess it's not needed, was leftover from other scripts I was murdering to create this one. When It worked I left it alone :p
For this script I guess as I am only using the rotation transform there is no need for the renderer stuff.

Back
Top Bottom