• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
The Fridge
I saved it "open". In theory it can open and close but requires a script to do so. I have not bothered to write the script. It was in response to a request for an open fridge by a forum member.
I guess I could make a second asset with the fridge closed so you could just swap between them.

I saved it "open". In theory it can open and close but requires a script to do so. I have not bothered to write the script. It was in response to a request for an open fridge by a forum member.
I guess I could make a second asset with the fridge closed so you could just swap between them.
Don't feel compelled to do anything on my part. You provided a free asset to the community, and it's much appreciated that you did so. I just know that if I put it in a scene the entire time I'm going to be thinking "go close the fridge!" ;-)

I get this error with the latest version.
1628589048586.png

nice work , just curious where you got the script , as i did a door script for heathers room , the script i used was originally from frief but modified .

It's mostly written by me, bits stolen from tips given to me by some others (Thanks MacGruber!, Also thanks to Hasmhox who wrote a nice tutorial) I also took some "inspiration" from the Blade Running Spinner/Aircar script for opening the doors on that.
I love the open nature of the scripts, you can just read through and try and understand how others did stuff. If you have any tips on how to improve it I would love to hear them.

It's mostly written by me, bits stolen from tips given to me by some others (Thanks MacGruber!, Also thanks to Hasmhox who wrote a nice tutorial) I also took some "inspiration" from the Blade Running Spinner/Aircar script for opening the doors on that.
I love the open nature of the scripts, you can just read through and try and understand how others did stuff. If you have any tips on how to improve it I would love to hear them.
yes that was me that did the BladeSpinner , your right i was the same with Friefs black van door script , it had taken me a few days to figure how it worked, i wanted to make it simple and be used with timeline , i think your version is great and works well , keep up the great work Jiraiya .

hey cool script !!.. but why are you dooing "this topdoor.GetComponent<Renderer>()" Stuff ??

The renderer allows you to do things that are not transforms, such as turning the object on and off and other renderer effects. I guess it's not needed, was leftover from other scripts I was murdering to create this one. When It worked I left it alone :p
For this script I guess as I am only using the rotation transform there is no need for the renderer stuff.

Back
Top Bottom