Tentacle "Orca"

Assets Tentacle "Orca"

TRSD

Reactions
TRSD submitted a new resource:

Tentacle "Orca" - A friend.

An attempt to make a tentacle with a bit of personality.

Check out the demo scene to see what can be done with it [will be up soon].

Features:
  • Head is locked to the CUA atom, effectors move the body. Making it easy to do precise animation. Unparent the IKCUA effectors for immediate natural movement.
  • Full body collision through a series of spheres following the skeleton. Has mostly been explosion proof in my testing. But be careful with large scaling.
  • Lots of blendshapes for...

Read more about this resource...

TRSD updated Tentacle "Orca" with a new update entry:

Collider variants

To keep the illusion of the tentacle, the end needs to be hidden by something. While working on the demo scene update, I found there was not enough length to go below ground to keep the tail-end from getting accidentally exposed. The colliders got in the way.

The current one (tentacle.prefab) has 13 colliders along the body:
View attachment 302263
So I've made some variants:

9 colliders:
View attachment 302261

9 colliders, no head:
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

TRSD updated Tentacle "Orca" with a new update entry:

Next up

So after playing around with the asset for a while, here's what I'll for sure be working on for the next version:
  • (At least) one subscene per variant, with just the minimum. For ease of use in any scene.
    • IKCUA suprised me by playing nice. Allowing multiple instances of the same subscene to be added without interfering with each other or breaking upon scene reload. This is fantastic.
  • Longer and much longer variants.
If you got any...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So after playing around with the asset for a while, here's what I'll for sure be working on for the next version:
  • (At least) one subscene per variant, with just the minimum. For ease of use in any scene.
    • IKCUA suprised me by playing nice. Allowing multiple instances of the same subscene to be added without interfering with each other or breaking upon scene reload. This is fantastic.
  • Longer and much longer variants.
If you got any suggestions or feedback nows a good time to get them in.

As for the current variants. The 17 collider version is the one I'm the happiest with. It doesn't have the clear visual of beads being pulled out, and it didn't have any explosion issues or performance drain like I was imagining. I'd make it the default choice if I didn't have a fear of potentially breaking scenes.

What I'd like to add but not sure how to pull off (yet):
  • Customizable colors.
  • Gooey glowy transparent variant.

Back
Top Bottom